February 2013 Moms

mummy's day

Inspired by father's day post below:

What would you like for mother's day?

You know what I freaking want...... mother f'n SLEEP.  Like for my husband to take the baby all night and let me sleep in till noon. Party!!!

I will accept breakfast in bed too Wink

Married: August 2008
DS born: February 2013
TTC #2: Nov. 14
Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16

Re: mummy's day

• All I want is for DH to make an effort to recognize that it's Mother's Day. Like, even a "Happy Mother's Day" with a hug and kiss would be nice. He is the most unromantic man on the planet (well, maybe except his dad- I'm sure that's where he got it) and it probably won't even cross his mind that he should do something nice for me since DD is obviously too young.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Just a sweet day of thoughtfulness. I'm not really expecting a gift. Maybe flowers or something. But I'm sure DH will just make it a special day since it's my first Mother's Day and he knows how excited I am about it.
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekleigh926:
    All I want is for DH to make an effort to recognize that it's Mother's Day. Like, even a "Happy Mother's Day" with a hug and kiss would be nice. He is the most unromantic man on the planet (well, maybe except his dad- I'm sure that's where he got it) and it probably won't even cross his mind that he should do something nice for me since DD is obviously too young.

This! All of this. My husband is really unromantic as well and always practical. My father in law will probably get me a gift and flowers. He is sweet like that  :) 

--Married 4 Years - PCOS - Insulin Resistant - Irregular Cycles - TTC 24mon - Metformin - Progesterone - Phentermine - 40 pounds lost - 3 rounds Clomid - DH 1% sperm morphology - BFP June 23rd - Paxton born 2/15/2013 - August 2013 Let's Have Another Baby- Charting Cycles with OPC and Charting Temps, No Ovulation Jan- Start clomid Feb 2014  --
  • DH asked and I told him I wanted to sleep in a few hours one day and raised flower beds in our new yard that has no landscaping at all.  I think it's strange in 8 yrs since the house was built neither of the previous owners felt the need to even plant a tree! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageapastinack:

imagekleigh926:
    All I want is for DH to make an effort to recognize that it's Mother's Day. Like, even a "Happy Mother's Day" with a hug and kiss would be nice. He is the most unromantic man on the planet (well, maybe except his dad- I'm sure that's where he got it) and it probably won't even cross his mind that he should do something nice for me since DD is obviously too young.

This! All of this. My husband is really unromantic as well and always practical. My father in law will probably get me a gift and flowers. He is sweet like that  :) 

I also have an unromantic DH so I took the guess work out of it and told him what I want.  I'm spending the da/night at a hotel/spa nearby.  I'm going to eat a romantic dinner with wine by myself, sleep in by myself, and spend the day at the spa.  Having DH or a baby around 24/7 is too much for this introvert.  I just want to be alone for once! 

• I want a bubble bath and a glass of wine!! Oh and some chocolates! :P

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• All I really want is an uninterrupted nights sleep with the option of sleeping in. However DH will of course be OOT for work on Mother's Day, so no chance of that for me. He did already get me a tanning membership that I asked for. I'm actually more excited for Father's Day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Just to be told happy Mother's day is enough. I'm greedy and would LOVE to have a romantic day full of flowers and chocolate.......but then I wake from my dream life and back to reality with a crying baby lol!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We already made plans to go to a winery for a picnic, but it'd be nice if DH put a little thought/effort into a gesture for my first Mother's Day.

Hey I was thinking, a few of us already had babies in our tummies by Mother's Day last year, but didn't know it. Not me, DS was conceived a few days after.

I like cookies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would love to take a nice hot relaxing bath while DH spends time with DS. And I mean, "get that kid down stairs where I can't hear him" time together while I take my bath. :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Honestly, I would be on cloud 9 if I got a "happy Mother's Day" via text, as long as he also asked how LO was doing. If he came to visit LO, THAT would be a miracle. He hasn't seen him in over a month :(

Material-wise, I want a "mommy" necklace. I think I might buy myself one. ;)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Is it weird that I want a jogging stroller? So unromantic but its a really nice stroller! It would also be really nice to just have a chill day with DH. He works so much. He hasn't had a full day off since DS was two weeks old,
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • imageapastinack:

imagekleigh926:

All of this
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"