April 2013 Moms

XP- purple or green nursery?

XP on the nursery board, but i have to make a decision by morning and figure i may get quicker responses from you guys up with your LO or pg insomnia tonight :)

I was team green turned pink!  Our house is in the final stages of renovation and my fil is here this weekend and offered to paint the new nursery for us. I have given it zero thought, was just planning on keeping it the neutral tan the upstairs was being painted. But now that we know girl, I want to take him up on it, but means i have to buy the paint in the morning.  I've been looking at pictures and think ill get a cherry blossom branch/tree decal for one wall, but otherwise keep things pretty simple.

Would a muted dusty lavender color or soft sage green wall paint be better?  I don't want it to be too purple.  The carpet is a neutral light tan, lots of thick white trim work. Thoughts?  Or if you have a green or lilac nursery, share a pic!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP- purple or green nursery?

• Personally, I like neutrals as I'm not a fan of pink or purple walls for little girls. You can add and switch up colours with bedding and decor as she gets older. Just my opinion tho.
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I also like green. My little girl's nursery is green with a cherry blossom tree decal, and it came out looking great IMO.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love lavender and sage together... Though green walls seeing is easier to find matching greens than matching purples that dont clash.
    imageVincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome image
    baby
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • Another vote for green. It seems like it would be more versatile and will grow with her better. Congrats on your little girl!
  • In think the sage would be really pretty with a cherry blossom decal. Are the blossoms pink?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• I love green for a nursery and think green and pink are a great color combo. My baby's room is a bright green that I love. Sorry, tinypic isn't letting me upload right now.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Another vote for sage green!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • Our nursery is green and I love it! It's very soothing and versatile. 
  • I think sage green would look very nice with the cherry blossom decal :]
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• Another vote for green.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Ours it's actually a sageish green for our DD and I really like it. It already was that color and we just kept it because I think of it as a pretty neutral color that you can do a lot with!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    We can't wait to meet our Blake Katherine!!
  • I did a nice cream wall with a sage stencil wall with pink and white accents. Its really soothing!
  • Thanks ladies! Off to Home Depot to pick out a sage green shade!
  • I'd go with green.
    Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"