Cloth Diapering

Stuffing pocket diapers with prefolds?

I ended up getting some 4.0's from the seconds sale and I know they dont come with inserts. I think I have read about people stuffing diapers with prefolds instead of inserts so I was just wondering about the absorbency of the prefolds stuffed in pockets? Also what size and brand would work the best?

I had been thinking about getting some infant size from green mountain diapers. Should I get infant or small for stuffing pockets?

Thanks! 

Re: Stuffing pocket diapers with prefolds?

• I have infant size of Bummis and they work for my BG 4.0. I like the BG insert better though because its not as bulky as the prefold.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use infant prefolds in my BG 4.0's. I had to double stuff my BG's with the MF inserts so i don't find that a prefold is any more bulky. The bonus is that they are more absorbent, and I don't get compression leaks.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We stuff our BG pickets with size small Imagine prefolds - they are more absorbent than the mf insets, though fairly bulky. It's our go-to first dipe of the day though, since DD pees like a racehorse in the mornings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks everyone for the responses! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"