May 2013 Moms

Nbr, foster child

Feeling like a parental failure. I wish teenagers came with instructions. My foster child said they don't want to live with us anymore. Makes me wonder how my own child will be as a teenager and if I will be able to get through to them, as I was unable to help my foster child.
Long story short, they don't want to follow my house rules and now want to be replaced in another home. I'm sad and disappointed.

Re: Nbr, foster child

• How long has your kiddo been placed with you ? What does the case manager say ? What about your agency ? The guardian ad litem ? This is my field of practice so maybe I can be of assistance
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Expecting Logan James (Spina Bifida) May 2013. Follow our journey: http://littleloganjames.blogspot.com/
  • imagealiciablair22:
    How long has your kiddo been placed with you ? What does the case manager say ? What about your agency ? The guardia
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely talk to the case worker. They shouldn't move her just because she says she no longer wants to live there. That would not teach her a good lesson at all as there are rules wherever you go and you can't just up and leave if you don't want to foll
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Expecting Logan James (Spina Bifida) May 2013. Follow our journey: http://littleloganjames.blogspot.com/
  • If she has a therapist or anything I would recommend talking to them as well ASAP so they can work with her on that. Or maybe something like that would be beneficial for her.
  • She already goes to therapy, we actually went yesterday and have another appt next week. She's 15. I don't understand why she lies, doesn't come home on time, comes home with hickeys. When she is actually "home" she's good. I feel like we tried to help an
  • Oh yeah. I am sure it is incredibly difficult. Don't back down. You aren't the bad guy, you are just doing what a good parent must do. You are doing her a great service by providing stability and consistent consequences. She needs to know she isn't the bo
  • imagemishy2006:
    She doesn't know it now but I bet you're going to be the best thing that's ever happened to her. Keep on trying to help
  • imagemishy2006:
    She doesn't know it now but I bet you're going to be the best thing that's ever happened to her. Keep on trying to
  • imageannagrya:

imagemishy2006:</s
  • Welcome to the lingo of a teenage girl. But in all seriousness I hear this about once a week with my SD. Don't give up and don't give in. She is probably testing her boundaries. Children thrive on discipline and rules. I would be amazed if her case worker

bfp #1 10/15/2009 m/c 11/4/09 10 weeks Lily you are not forgotten
    bfp #2 4/5/2010 CP, m/c 4/12/10 5 weeks Baby Lo
    Diagnosed PCOS 10/10 RX 1500 mg Metformin/day
    bfp#3 4/5/2011 Missed m/c discovered 5/24/2011 (10w 5d) baby Asher stopped growing at 6 weeks
    I know he is playing with his siblings in heaven right now...

rx'd factor II gene mutation 7/11 prescribed 5000 units Heparin daily
    rx'd Sjogren's Disease 8/11

bfp #4 9-6-2012 RAINBOW Baby Ky born 5-9-13
    bfp #5 8-26-14  RAINBOW #2 Due 5-8-2015

baby development
  • imagenykkybaby:
    Welcome to the lingo of a teenage girl. But in all seriousness I hear this about once a week with my SD. Don't give up a
  • As a 15year old I hated my parents for discipline. (I lived with my dad and step mom my entire life and always had the same rules and expectations) I had a boyfriend (who is now my husband) and I thought I could make adult decisions, and was always in

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think your social worker will anticipate something like this however, in my experience they have to take the child's feelings into consideration. the main thing they look out for is whether the placement is breaking down. We fostered a relative's child,

Pregnancy Ticker
  • B27B27 member
    I just wanted to say it sounds like you are doing a great job...I am sure this kiddo will realize someday and be thankful for your influence in their life. 
  • I agree with what PPs said--this is normal 15 year old girl behavior and the case manager will likely agree that what she needs is stability and consistency rather than doing whatever she wants. 

One thing I don't see mentioned is how you

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageCRLSMC2011:

I agree with what PPs said--this is normal 15 year old girl behavior and the case manager will likely agree that w

• imageBeesMomma00:
    imageCRLSMC201
  • imagecirisallen:
    imageBeesMomma0
  • imagecirisallen:
    Actually, I havent really addressed the new baby. I just kept both situations separate. Now that you guys mention
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"