April 2013 Moms

Weight measurements vs. birth weight

Hey ladies! Just wondering for fun what kind of outcome everyone has had with their babies birth weight compared to ultrasound weight measurements. I had one today at 39 weeks 4 days and they said 8lb 3 oz on my baby boy! Not to worries just curious

Re: Weight measurements vs. birth weight

• It really depends. I've heard of them being like 2 or 3 lbs either over or underestimated. They happened to be pretty dead on with my LO, but I feel like you never really know for sure until they're born!
  • I didnt have a recent one but at 37wks they estimated her to be 6.5 and expected her to be born at 9 to 9.5. She was 7lbs 13oz.

• Loading the player...
  • I had an ultrasound at 35w1d. They were both est. to be 5lb 11oz. I delivered them at 35w6d and they were 5.10 and 5.13. Pretty spot on for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • When I was admitted for my induction they estimated her at 8.5 pounds via ultrasound. She was born two days later at 7 pounds 6 oz.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I didn't have any ultrasounds during my pregnancy, but the day before I went into labor I had an appointment with my midwife and she estimated that the baby was just under 8lbs. My daughter was born the next day at 7lbs 14oz.

• I had one at 37 weeks and they told me shed be 7 and a half lbs when born...... She was born 4 days early and weighed in at 8lbs 5 ounces. Yeah - they were off! 

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• I had an U/S at 32 weeks because they were concerned about her size. They estimated her at about 5 lbs at that point and she was 7 lbs 1.1 oz when she was born at 38 weeks and 5 days. Our U/S was definitely off.
  • They told me at a 36 week u/s that LO would be close to 9lbs at 40 weeks she was born two days early at 7lbs 14 oz. =] thankfully!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My last growth scan, they told me 9lbs 4oz. DD was born two days later at 9lbs 5oz, so they were right on for me!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13, DD born 4/5/2013
    BFP #3: 11/2/14, Due date: 7/7/15
  • I'm really anxious to see how this turns out for me too. At 38.5 weeks our growth u/s said 7lbs 14oz so with average growth she should a little over 8lbs 8oz by my due date on Sunday. We'll see when she comes out! I get so relieved when I see those who we

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"