Options

are any of you getting push presents

if so, i will gag.

Re: are any of you getting push presents

• Options
    AjoydAjoyd member
    I better get one!!!

Just kidding.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • Options
    The only push present I am getting is a baby :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never even heard of this until TB. 

photo 45ad94ec-8f7e-4e11-afa6-d58d009e0ecb_zpse556e368.jpg  image image

• Options

imageallymp13:

Me either.

Plus, my birthday is a few days after my due date so if there is anything I really have  to have (unlikely) I will ask for it as a b-day gift.

• Options

I'm getting a diamond tennis bracelet!!

I kid, I kid!!  I'd be p'd if he spent that kind of money before baby.

Me- 32, DH- 32- TTC for 4 Years
    IUIs 1-6 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP- M/C
    FET- Beta#1: 69, #2: 482, #3: 1088, #4: 28,318, Ultrasound- 1 beautiful heartbeat
    It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

uhmm yeah....

I am getting.... a baby ;)

I will be buying myself an updated necklace from the vintage pearl though once baby comes :)  

• Options
    imageallymp13:

This.

I think they are dumb.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Not really, but as a combo b-day and baby gift, my folks are going to pay for us to have laundry hookups installed in the bathroom in our den downstairs, so I won't have to go down two flights of stairs, into the garage and down another flight of stairs to do laundry in the basement anymore! I'm terrible excited.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    imageAshlynBlake:

uhmm yeah....

I will be buying myself an updated necklace from the vintage pearl though once baby comes :)  

i LOVE the vintage pearl. 

• Options
    Hell's no! DH isn't getting a damned thing either!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers] Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Oh Lord - those are HUGE around here. HUGE. In fact, i know very few women who DONT get them...other than me.

1. My husband is foreign - so he had no clue and more importantly

2. We were broke....and I would have killed him

He did get me for xmas a hand-stamped silver necklace with the girls initials which i LOVE and know cost under $40. Call it what you want, but I'd love a third stamped disc to add with this baby's letters!!!!  

imageimage

Olivia and Matilda, 09/10/201 - Graham, 10/01/2013

• Options
    imageBeachMama7693:
    imageAshlynBlake:

uhmm yeah....

i LOVE the vintage pearl. 

Wow! i have never heard of Vintage Pearl before.  It's so pretty!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Ew. No.
    I'll be having a csec so I guess he won't have a reason for a "push present" as I won't be pushing!
  • Options
    imagecomeongetdown:

imageallymp13:

I hadn't either.  MH found it on the internet also.  I've only known one person IRL to get a push present.  But, I figure if a man wants to get his wife something, then there's no harm in it..  it seems sweet :)

This.  I think it is a little silly but I agree that anytime a man wants to give his wife a gift, it is sweet.   However, it is only sweet if he thought of it himself!  If mom-to-be tells him to get a her a push present and/or what to get her, oh. hell. no!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just curious, why are peoples responses to this "eww"? How is that gross or eww? And what is so terrible about a small gift for a woman who had one hell of a 40 week ride?
  • Options
    imageJmakhomenka:
    Just curious, why are peoples responses to this "eww"? How is that gross or eww? And what is so terrible about a small gift for a woman who had one hell of a 40 week ride?

It is one thing if the guy gets something on his own.  But a lot of ladies seem to expect, even demand, something as a reward for having a baby.  Most want jewelry.  I think that is gift grabby, selfish, and petty.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagecomeongetdown:

imageallymp13:

I hadn't either.  MH found it on the internet also.  I've only known one person IRL to get a push present.  But, I figure if a man wants to get his wife something, then there's no harm in it..  it seems sweet :)

I agree. It's never something I would ask for or expect but i have had friends who have been surprised by their husband with little gifts. It's nice when its something related to the baby... Like monogrammed charms. JMO
  • Options
    I like presents!  It would probably be smarter for daddy to wait about a week after I give birth when the postpartum depres sets in.  I'll be all about baby that same day! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimageimage
  • Options
    Honestly I wouldn't be upset if DH got me something small and inexpensive that would remind me of the special first day with LO. Especially if it was something with LO's initials or maybe a book or something? However, I would never ever ask or expect something since I usually get things I need rather than want. Also, if it wasnt't baby related and it was expensive (like fancy jewelry) he would be returning it. 
  • Options
    I agree that a gift on demand basically looses the meaning behind it and is a bit crazy. But otherwise, that's a wonderful idea. When we found out in pregnant, DH got me a baby carriage for my Pandora bracelet. Something small and adorable, but it meant so much :D
  • Options

imageJmakhomenka:
    I agree that a gift on demand basically looses the meaning behind it and is a bit crazy. But otherwise, that's a wonderful idea. When we found out in pregnant, DH got me a baby carriage for my Pandora bracelet. Something small and adorable, but it meant so much :D

That is adorable, I get so excited when DH brings me string cheese I can't imagine the reaction if it were something meaningful lol. What a good DH :)  

• Options
    imageallymp13:
  • Options

imageallymp13:

I actually never heard of this until today :P Not sure if its considered a push present since my birthday is a week before my EDD but DH will be giving lots of presents at that time :) Who needs an excuse for presents!?

• Options
    I haven't read the other responses but I'd consider him changing diapers for a week as a push present since I have to get up every 3 hours to feed.
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    my bday is a day before my due date so I'm getting the best present ever but I wouldn't mind if DH added a new charm for the baby to my pandora for my bday 
    BabyFetus Ticker pregnancy calendar
  • Options

Hell yes, I am getting one! Go ahead and gag allllll you want. I'll be gaggggging allll over my push present.

DH's cousin works for Coach, so I think DH is going with a Coach bag for the push gift. He got drunk a few weeks ago and told me he asked her already. I did mention I'd like a necklace with the baby's initials on it.

Jess, Northern New Jersey
    photo 4e2a179b-a43b-455b-9caf-ed65caf88a77_zpsa8857370.jpg
    Outback Bowl, 2013
  • Options
    my two coworkers told me about them. i had never heard of them before. they both got them and were talking to me like they were normal and i should expect one. i thought it sounded weird.
  • Options
    SWA80SWA80 member
    I think they're kind of weird, never heard of it until a few years ago now it seems like everyone does it. I guarantee you my DH has never heard of it and I'm certainly not going to fill him in. There are too many things we NEED to spend money on for the babies.
  • Options

imagelaceyd2011:
    The only push present I am getting is a baby :)

Yes 

Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • Options
    imageJewelsW1980:

I'm getting a diamond tennis bracelet!!

hahaahah do people still even buy these? it's so the tv-show Dynasty!  

• Options
    When I had DS I'd never heard of them neither had my husband, but he bought me a pair of earrings with DS's birthstone they are my absolute favorite earrings. He mentioned getting me something with this baby's birthstone and I said no. We just don't have the money right now with planning a move and him in a new job. I told him the baby and new house were a big enough present
    imageimageimage
      imageimage
    image   image

August Siggy Challenge Photobomb
  • Options
    Never ever heard of it until TB, so no!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • Options
    No.

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • Options
    I got my much desired diamond studs with DS, it is up to DH this time again. I honestly don't see what the big deal is about a push present. I have known about this term for YEARS. I worked for a family while in college and she had 3 kids, and 1 beautiful piece of jewlery for each of them.... of course she will always have her kids as a reminder of that beautiful day, but she also had a piece of jewlery she wore every day to remember that special moment with her DH. I thought it was sweet and so did DH I suppose. I wear my studs every day.
  • Options

imagequartermisses:
    If by push present you mean GIANT BEER, then yes. I had better.

Hahaha DH and I have a deal that I get one night off to drink some beer!

• Options
    imagecomeongetdown:

imagequartermisses:

YES!  Give me THAT!!

Okay okay, I change my answer. I will take a push present in drinkable form.

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • Options
    DH is taking 5 weeks off of work to help with DS and the new baby.  I consider that a HUGE gift. 
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options
    imagequartermisses:

This is the best idea in the history of man. Yes a million times yes. I will be asking for this.
  • Options

imageNickisiebert:
    imagequartermisses:
    This is the best idea in the history of man. Yes a million times yes. I will be asking for this.

Pretty sure my husband has never heard of a push present either and Im not worried about it...i am getting a baby that I have waited 10 years for! Not to mention while he has been deployed he has been spoiling me with presents.

pregnancy calendar
  • Options

I think these are SO dumb. If your husband is a considerate man and gets you a gift when baby is born, great you picked a good guy. But if you tell your husband about what a push present is, because we all know men have no clue on their own, and he gets you one, then you're desperate.

FWIW though, DH did get me a gift after I had my son (a willow tree figure of a man woman and baby). However I didn't know what a push present was until 7 months later when I had a friend post a picture of a new sapphire and diamond necklace and hash-tagged it "push present." Gag me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"