Baby Showers

advice planning my own shower

Let me change the words up a bit and shorten it up....

Is it wierd if I plan my own shower if I have no one else to plan it or me??

Re: advice planning my own shower

• My man's mother
  • image3222w27thst:
    Let me change the words up a bit and shorten it up....Is it wierd if I plan my own shower if I have no one else to plan it or me??
    Yes. Still tacky. Plus, if you have no one close enough to plan one for you, who would you even be inviting?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Tacky to plan your own.  You aren't entitled to a shower.  If no one offers to throw you one, you don't get one.
  • It's a gift from someone else to you not a rite of passage. You never throw your own, there are not exceptions. For all you know someone will offer after your anatomy scan, just give it time. However, if no one offers you one and you do decide to be tacky your guests won't tell you but silently judge you, because it comes across as gift grabby. Take that money you would spend on a shower and buy stuff for you child yourself.
  • No one offered to throw me a shower until well into the 2nd trimester... like 24-26 weeks. 
  • imageEstwd2:
    My advice is to go back in time and not post this.

Lmao!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • I think it's up to your circle of friends. In my circle, mothers plan their own showers and they have showers for 2nd and 3rd babies. No one judges the mom or talks behind her back. We are all just happy about the baby and having an excuse to come party, drink, and eat. (and bring a gift)

And if you're close to your man's mother, she could help out. 

• I don't think this is MUD.  I've seen her post in other forums before.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• You have plenty of time for someone to offer to throw you a shower. Most are in 3rd trimester. I know I didn't get an offer until a couple months from where you are in your pregnancy. 
  • So tacky

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Please don't throw your own shower.  I think the PPs have explained why you shouldn't.

You're still really early in your pregnancy.  Just be patient; one of your friends will probably offer to throw you a shower.  Just give them a chance.

• MUD.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, very weird. Please don't.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• give someone the chance to offer, if they do not throw yourself a "Pregnancy Party" *poof* not a "baby shower" not tacky
  • imageMzBecky:

I think it's up to your circle of friends. In my circle, mothers plan their own showers and they have showers for 2nd and 3rd babies. No one judges the mom or talks behind her back. We are all just happy about the baby and having an excuse to come party, drink, and eat. (and bring a gift)

And if you're close to your man's mother, she could help out. 

So you and all of your friends are cool with being rude and entitled... lovely.  And, how do you know no one is talking behind anyone's back?  Are you psychic?

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Wow I didnt know this question would be so intense but thanks ladies I appreciate the advice and wont plan my own.
  • When are you due? People may just be waiting until your due date geta closer. Or maybe they want it to be a surprise.
  • Here's my opinion: Do whatever will make you happy. Having a baby is an overwhelming situation and taxes many resources -- celebrating with friends or family and appreciating their generousity is not wrong. No one on here knows your situation and etiquette rules have evolved in all regards. You used to not pay for your own wedding...most people do nowadays. You used to NEVER invite men to a baby shower...now there's entire articles about coed showers (on The Bump, no less). Why not throw your baby a shower (because that's what it is -- it's a shower for your baby...not YOU) and celebrate. The people making these very black and white comments haven't been in your situation (whatever that may be) and may not understand what it's like to move around or not have a bestie or a sister (which also used to be frowned upon, FYI) to invest in a baby shower. Good luck to you and congratulations!
  • I agree -- it's very much up to you and your circle of friends. If your friends aren't all of the ladies on these boards, you're probably solid!
  • yes it's werid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"