July 2013 Moms

Update to Heart Defect

Last week was a rough week.  On Wednesday we had our first meeting with our MFM.  We were expecting it to be pretty routine (as routine as an appointment regarding a heart defect can be anyway) - meet the doctor, get an ultrasound, confirm the defect, make a plan to move forward.  Of course, that is not what happened.

MFM confirmed a defect but instead of Tricuspid Atresia with a transposition of the great arteries, he diagnosed that the arteries are in the right place and that Baby B has Atrioventricular Septal Defect (AVSD).  This is good news as far as the arteries are concerned and he stated that the defect is very fixable (though it will still require surgery).

However, the MFM also determined that the baby is missing a kidney and has only 2 vessels in her cord.  In addition, they are worried about her size because her head and stomach are measuring about 3 weeks behind.  So the next step was to perform an amnio to test for chromosome/genetic syndromes. 

The first test to come back was the FISH test which looks for Down's Syndrome, Trisomy 18, and Trisomy 13 and I am happy to report that those tests came back normal.  Praise the Lord!

We are now waiting for the Micro-Array results that should come next week sometime.  This one tests for less common genetic disorders and we are cautiously hopefully that these will yield normal results as well (although we are not out of the woods quite yet).  

Thank you for your T&P! 

Age 35, H 34

Married 5/09

Pregnancy #1, IUI, MMC, D&C Feb 2012

Pregnancy #2,IUI, MMC, D&C July 2012

Pregnancy #3 IUI, BFP 10/25/12 - Two heartbeats on the U/S!

Twin Girls! C (6/24/13) and E (6/24/13-5/20/15)

Surprise BFP! 10/23/16, EDD 7/2/17

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Update to Heart Defect

• Sounds like you are getting some good and some bad news there. Thoughts and prayers headed your way for your baby girl!
  • Wow, that's a lot to take in.  Continued T&Ps being sent your way.

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

• Loading the player...
  • Whew! That is a lot to deal with mama! I'm sorry you are having to go through these tests/worries. Thank God there are no trisomies! Sending you prayers, thoughts and well wishes for strength during this time and after your LOs arrive.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Thinking about you all. I hope the test results you're waiting for come back negative. Good luck with everything. Fingers crossed.
  • Wow, that's a lot to handle. T&P's to all of you. 
  • Thoughts and prayers for you!
  • I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this.  I hope you get some more good news!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Bless your heart! TPs for you and your family!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good luck getting through the next few weeks of waiting.   Have you met with a surgeon yet? 

My sister was apparently born with only one functioning kidney- and they didn't know it til she was in her 40s (since she was born in t

TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
    BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
    Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • T&P... sounds like you got some good news in there... try to focus on that, although I know it will be hard.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thinking of you. I know it doesn't seem like it, but and AVD is actually much better news than a transposition! Hoping your microarray comes back negative.
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagebabystoli:

Good luck getting through the next few weeks of waiting.   Have you met with a surgeon yet? 

<

Age 35, H 34

Married 5/09

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageGuillerma:
    Thinking of you. I know it doesn't seem like it, but and AVD is actually much better news than a transposition! Hop

Age 35, H 34

Married 5/09

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Continued thoughts and prayers to you and your little one!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sending positive T&P your way!  

• Wow. What a roller coaster! I am sorry you're having to go through all of this. I can't even imagine the worry and frustration. Huge hugs to all four of you!

If it makes you feel any better, I've heard time and time again that there are LOTS of

Anniversary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC/BFP/FF details in bio

• imageMrsMcC.10409:

Wow. What a roller coaster! I am sorry you're having to go through all of this. I can't even imagine the worry a

Age 35, H 34

Married 5/09

BabyFruit Ticker
  • T&P to you all!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    imageimage
  • Many thoughts and prayers to you and you baby girl! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Lots of prayers!!!!
  • You are having to go through a lot. Praying for good test results and that the rest of the pregnancy is smooth. Hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thoughts and prayer for you and the babies!!
  • From a heart defect standpoint I agree you got good news. The defect she has is better then the other one they thought she had since she will not need a switch after birth and doesn't have tricuspid atresia. As for the other news I'm not sure about that b
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Fingers crossed that you continue to get good test results. Sending t&ps your way!
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"