May 2011 Moms

Mean Toddler?? Anyone else??

So my lil man has just recently started hitting-mostly me but his dad and his brother some too....im trying to get him to stop and so far he does stop when told...but i was just wondering if anyone else was going thru this?? and what have you done to get urs to stop??
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Mean Toddler?? Anyone else??

• Reminder to use words when frustrated. That hurts mommy and try not to make a big deal.  I've noticed my daugher does it to her daycare provider/others when she is transitoning to go home from the fun that is there.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Audrey only hits her sister. They will be happily playing then all of a sudden she smacks the baby in the face. We started doing time outs but I'm not sure they are working. Basically she hits sister, says 'time-out', then runs to the time-out chair. Although she went from hitting her several times a day to now just once or twice a week. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DD hits me sometimes. She never hits DH but she will try it with me. If I say "Mommy owie!" she laughs. So I have to say " Mommy Turt!" Because thats how she says Hurt. Weirdly enough when YOU say turt to her she says hurt back lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • Our daughter is hitting us sometimes too. She hasn't really hit other kids though. We usually grab her hand and tell her "no hitting". I tell her if she does it again she won't get whatever we were going to do next (ex: "no book before bed if you kick me again", while changing her diaper), and if she does it again she doesn't get what I said she wouldn't get.

But mostly she has started being bossy to the dog and other kids. She tells them no and stuff. I pull her away and tell her she is not the boss, etc. If she takes something from someone I take it back from her. Etc. Its really hard to figure out what is working and what's not. Sometimes I feel like nothing I do is working when she is being mean or in a bad mood.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"