September 2013 Moms

NBR: Saying Goodbye..a little weird...

I'm going to start this off by saying I know this may sound hokey. And I know a lot of people don't believe in this stuff. I'm also not a religious person in the sense that I don't follow a specific religion but I do believe in something bigger than us. I believe there's more to be done once we've left this earth but I'm not about to even guess at what comes next or who's in charge or any of it because I just don't know. 
Here goes...

One of my husbands Great Uncles just passed away. He was 86 years old but you'd never know it. He was so full of life and personality. This February he ended up pretty sick. He's dealt with diabetes for quite some time and while he was outside shoveling (yes, shoveling snow at 86 years old!) he noticed his leg get really cold and numb and it just stayed that way. He had a few surgeries but was just never able to recover and spent the last two months in the hospital, slowly deteriorating.
Two nights ago he passed away. It was 9pm that night but the phone calls weren't sent out until the next morning so no one really knew until yesterday morning. Well, the night he passed I had the strangest dream. It almost felt like I was half awake half asleep but I knew I was dreaming. I was standing behind a guide rope like I was waiting for someone. In front of me was kind of like a foggy tunnel of light? I know that sounds really cliche but this was my dream. I almost felt like I was at an airport or a red carpet event. And then from the right side (as there were people shuffling along into the 'tunnel' from both left and right sides), I saw my husbands Uncle shuffling through with the rest of the people. I called out his name and waved. He turned, looked at me, gave a little wave like he would, and just kept going. He didn't seem scared, he didn't seem sad...he just seemed like he accepted what was happening...like it was the next step. I remember my heart felt heavy and light at the same time. I was selfishly sad but I was relieved for him at the same time.
I got the call the next morning that he had, in fact, passed the night before. 

Has this kind of thing happened to other people? I know how weird it sounds and very 'psychic friends network' but it happened. And I can't get it out of my head. I feel like I should be thankful I got to say goodbye but It's a little confusing. I don't know...I just don't know what to make of it. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: NBR: Saying Goodbye..a little weird...

• That's crazy!  I haven't had dreams like that exactly, but I have had strange dreams where I see my grandmother or aunt, both of whom passed away.  But nothing like the timing you had!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Maybe it's the timing that's freaking me out. I knew he was sick for a couple of months but to have the dream the night he passed is a little bizarre.

I've had other strange things happen in other instances surrounding both life and death events an
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • NukkeNukke member

I'm a weirdo like you and have had dreams right after or before people and pets have passed and before anyone knew.  the most vivid one happened when I was about 13, and I dreamed I was in a (very cliche also) bright white space.   You c

• imageNukke:

I'm a weirdo like you and have had dreams right after or before people and pets have passed and before anyone knew.&nbs

BabyFruit Ticker
  • NukkeNukke member
    imagemaiganlynn:
    imageNukke:</st
  • I completely understand where you're coming from!!!!!
    This past October, we came home around 9pm from an out of town trip. My phone had died on the way home so I plugged it in in our dining room, just outside our bedroom. I laid down but then reali
  • I am a believer in people with psychic abilities and i find that stuff so fascinating. The only dreams I have had are after someone has passed away. I dream of my grandparents but I can never remember anything other than they were in it. My mom, on the ot
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mine wasn't that crazy! But I was having a horrible Time sleeping, my great grandma was very sick and it was just a matter of time. Well I couldn't fall asleep and when I finally did it was about 3 or 4 am and I had a dream that me and my cousins went to
  • The closest I've come recently is dreaming my BIL died.  He was a smoker and I had several dreams of him either dying or that we were sitting around as a family talking about how weird it was that he was gone.  My SIL ended up pushing him to qui
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • I think the validation from you ladies that I'm not absolutely out of my mind has helped! lol! It's a big weight. The dream itself made me feel at peace with things but all the human questions surrounding have added a bit of a weight to my shoulders.<b

BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's very sweet. 

I understand your "psychic" thought about it but I think that given that his passing was expected over the past two months, it's not actually that big of a coincidence to have this dream right as he passed. I still think

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"