November 2013 Moms

Frustrating dr appt

I went to the doc yesterday afternoon and saw a new doc who spent a total of about 4 minutes with me! I found out Saturday that we r having twins and she had basically nothing to say about it. No congrats ... Nothing. She said "Must be something in the water. Ur the 6th one." She didn't question me on my nutrition or if I was taking my prenatals. She didnt ask how my MS was feeling. But the last straw was when she tried to hear a heart beat and gave up after 30 seconds saying " it's hard to tell on the Doppler if there's two babies anyway. " We will be relying on ultrasounds for that. She didn't even hear 1 hb. Then she scheduled my ultrasound for 6 weeks away ! R u kidding? Now I'm faced with transferring docs again! Second time and the other doc I was thinking of trying is over an hour drive! I'm so stressed about this but I don't want to deliver with a hospital that doesn't have a nicu level 2 at least because twins often come so early.
Okay vent over

Re: Frustrating dr appt

• MrsWPMrsWP member
    Well to me.. it doesn't feel like it matters if I am experienced. yes I do have an older daughter. But she was very rude and not at all interested in helping me. One nurse actually complained cause they tried to cancel my appt but my phone number had
  • Are you seeing an MFM (perinatologist) as well as an OB?  If not, ask for a referral.  I was 11 weeks last week and they only found one baby's heartbeat which completely freaked me out and I've been irrationally angry ever since! I've got my NT
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsWP:
    I went to the doc yesterday afternoon and saw a new doc who spent a total of about 4 minutes with me! I found out Saturday
  • imagealiwisewoman:
    There is not much I dislike more than substandard medical care. Your doctor is working for you.  I pay big
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"