Stay at Home Moms

New SAHM rant

So before I had our son I was a full time paramedic in the ER, I loved my job, when I was 8 months pregnant my husband left for basic training for the Air Force, and then when my son was 5 weeks old we finally moved to Mississippi to be with my husband while he's in tech school. Before my husband left he was a huge help, we shared all of the daily tasks, and now that I'm home full time while we're here, he has gotten completely lazy at home, I know he's the only one brining home a paycheck, but I still work my butt off, and he'll be the first to admit that his days in school are not hard at all. I get so frustrated with him now, when he comes home he'll leave our son in the swing, even though he's wide awake, and play on his computer while I'm fixing dinner, he'll help a little with dishes, but he usually waits until I've put all of the dishes in the dishwasher to come in the kitchen and ask if I need help, that's just annoys me. Tonight while I was giving our son a bath, my husband turned off all of the lights and went to bed with dishes in the sink, toys out, he left the garage door open and the garbage can by the road even though I asked him earlier to bring it in, and he went to bed knowing that our son wont go to bed for another hour and a half. After I finally get our son to bed, so much fun now that he's fighting sleep, I've got to put the dishes away, pick up, bring the garbage can in, prep bottles for the night, finish the laundry. I don't expect much from him, especially if he has homework, which he hasn't had in weeks, I'd be happy if he'd just play with the baby! And then when I went to bed and informed him that he didn't do the only thing I asked him to do, he had the nerve to get mad at me for being annoyed! UGH! I am loving these days with my son, I'm so grateful to be able to stay home with him, but good gracious I'm still only one person, is it too much to expect a little help, or at least appreciation?! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: New SAHM rant

• Sorry it's so long. Just needed to get a little frustration out before I let it loose on him and cause bigger issues. Right now I'm just thankful we have a comfy couch... it's my bed for the evening. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It can be a hard transition for both of you. I give my DH options on things to do...for example he can either feed our LO or load the dishwasher...put LO to bed or make bottles. This way he has a choice and he knows exactly what needs to be done. After do
    =BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm really sorry you are having a hard time and your husband is being like this.  I really think you should talk with him at a time when you can both focus on the discussion.  Help him understand how hard you work during the day and that you nee
  • I lurk over here so listen or don't.

Why didn't you close the garage door and left sticky notes/email/text message or whatever or all for him to do before work in the am?

Stop making it easy or picking up the slack for him.
  • I'm sorry you are having a hard time. It's hard when it feels like you don't get much help.
  • DH and I went through the same thing when I first started staying home. Once we talked. which I wish I had done sooner instead of stewing about it. DH honestly didn't realize all the things I had to do before bed while he was in bed. My mom suggested l

• imagescatteredtrees:

Communicate, communicate, communicate. 

Men are not mind readers. Tell him what you need, and don't

• You should have woken him up and told him he forgot to get the garbage can.  I am not a *** to my husband, but that is what I would have done.  I also would wake him up to ask him to do the chores while I put the baby to bed.  Just tell

Smiley: April '05 Rocky: May '06 Tex: July '09
  • I totally understand and I agree with ppers, men need to be told what you need. They are not like us where they see something and jump in. My DH sometimes gets into a routine like this and I have to give him specific things I need from him. Can you please
  • I had to explain to DH once that I understood that he had a job that had an actual paycheck, and that I appreciated it, but it isnt as though I don't have a job.  I take care of DD... and it isn't just 8 hours, it is all day and all night, and tha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • image2-Step:
    I totally understand and I agree with ppers, men need to be told what you need. They are not like us where they see so
    Smiley: April '05 Rocky: May '06 Tex: July '09
  • You need to be up front with you DH and lay out your expectations. My DH didn't understand how taxing it was to stay with DS all day so on his day off, I left him home with DS and a list of things to do. I came home to 1 chore done and a lot more apprecia
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • imagecarrotsoup70:
    It can be a hard transition for both of you. I give my DH options on things to do...for example he can either fe

• imagescatteredtrees:

Communicate, communicate, communicate. 

Men are not mind readers. Tell him what you need, and don't

daughter born June 2011 via C-Section, son born November 2012 via VBAC
  • imageoutnumbered:

image2-Step
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"