February 2012 Moms

Brushing teeth...

We have always used a finger brush type thing to brush DS' teeth.

But lately it has become impossible to properly brush them. It's to the point where he will close his mouth and not want to have anything to do with it.

We are going to buy a small baby tooth brush and see how that goes, and we have a dentist appt Thursday so we can ask the dentistthen...but in the mean time I thought I'd ask you guys.

Anyone have any tips or advice?

Re: Brushing teeth...

• Do you use toothpaste? The flavor may make him want to brush.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's a huge pain, to be honest.

Lately I've just been giving his teeth a quick wipedown after eating (but I often forget..... :), because it's easier than trying to actually *brush* them twice a day. 

• Loading the player...
  • I use a baby toothbrush.  It's not too bad right because he only has two teeth!  I brush his teeth with the wet brush and then hand him his toothbrush.  He then moves it all around his mouth and chews on it while I brush my teeth.  

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• oops!  Double-post.

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• Anna hated the finger brush but now she loves her regular brush! I give it to her and she goes to town on her own. Hopefully you'll have the same success!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsLindinger0905:
    Anna hated the finger brush but now she loves her regular brush! I give it to her and she goes to town on her own
  • We use a regular toddler toothbrush. She got a brand new one at the dentist last month. We use the Colgate toddler toothpaste. It's fruit flavored. We brush her teeth every night in the bathtub. She does really well when we brush. She lets us get in her m
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • We have a baby tooth brush and I use the kids toothpaste. I start with getting in there to make sure they all get brushed (we have 10 teeth plus 2 that are about to pop through), then I'll let him "brush" with it while I do mine. He loves playing with the
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • imageAmberrrr:
    imageMrsLindinger0905
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use a tootbrush too.  I think he likes it better because it looks like moms and dad's.  We also started using the toddler non-floride toothpase.  I think he more sucks the toothpaste off while we brush, but that's okay.  Someone can
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Brushing is a nightmare over here he hates it. I think because he is teething. But we have so many teeth, so sometimes I almost have to hold him down to do it. It is him screaming. When he has the brush he just bites on it. Maybe that's good enough?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP # 1 - June 2nd, 2011 - EDD Feb 5, 2012 Birthday Feb 10, 2012 BFP # 2 - Jan 19, 2012 - EDD Sept 24, 2013 - CP Jan 24, 2012
  • I use a toddler toothbrush and Babyganics strawberry flavored flouride free toothpaste.  She has 12 teeth, including 4 molars so I think it's important to brush twice a day.  I tell her to say cheese and she lets me brush the fronts of her teeth
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"