March 2013 Moms

Stranger "advice"

Oh my goodness. We went out to dinner tonight. We were eating outside. I live in GA so it is NOT cold or even chilly outside. LO was crying for a bit. I was already nervous about him crying in public but a lady came over to me and stated that he's crying because he's cold. Her friends said he would stop crying if he were warmer. __

Half of me didn't care and half of me wanted to give them a piece of my mind. I'm glad the first half won.

I would never...

And really he COULD be cold, but he could also have a dirty diaper, or be tired or be pooping or 20 other things. Let me be the mother and figure out which one.

Ok vent over
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Stranger "advice"

• Ewww. It wouldn't be so bad except it sort of implies, "Hey, you clearly don't know what you're doing with your baby here. Let me tell you how to be a mom." That really, really gets under my skin. I think it's some primal instinct that makes your mommy-ba
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    We had to take DS to the urologist and an older lady who just happened to work in the office we were going to kinda rudely got on to us for not having a hat or socks on him. We live in Texas and it was a 90 degree day. He didn't even need the clothes in t

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Loading the player...
  • imagemnj05:
    We had to take DS to the urologist and an older lady who just happened to work in the office we were going to kinda rud
    5.18.11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker EDD 3.12.13
  • I HATE the whole "baby is cold" thing!! My in laws are the worst! If my daughter doesn't have on a long sleeve onsie, pants, socks, and a hat they'll freak out and say she's cold. Even if we have ALL of that they want to know why we don't have a blanket o
  • Oh man, I hear ya! We were over at my ILs the other day and my LO was really fussing (like screaming, squirming, super agitated and irritable).. MIL and FIL refused to hand the baby over, wrapping him in more and more thick winter blankets claiming he was

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageamatistajoy:

imagemnj05:
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had to go to the doctor the other day to have my elbow looked at and had to take my son with me since no one else could watch him... Anyway it was between 55 and 60 degrees outside but kinda rainy, the older lady that opened the door for me scolded me f
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Speaking of socks... It was a little cooler today, so LO had a onesie and socks on in the Moby as I grocery shopped. An older lady asked, "Where are his shoes?!" I said, "He's not walking yet, he doesn't need shoes."  It was odd. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't know if the first half would have won for me!

DD is a very sweaty baby, so I tend to "underdress" her. My thought is that it would be better to throw a receiving blanket over her to warm her up if she became uncomfortable than to have to

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Add me to the sock list!! My husbands aunt makes a comment every time she sees us about no having socks on the baby. We live in Mississippi, enough said!

• imageCBomback:

I don't know if the first half would have won for me!

DD is a very sweaty baby, so I tend to "underdress" her.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • This is so interesting.  I live in Minnesota and we are still getting regular snow storms and it is 10-30 degrees everyday.  I don't have any winter gear for my LO as he is a spring baby and not suppose to need any.  Anyway, we've been out
  • imageegbjaf:
    I HATE the whole "baby is cold" thing!! My in laws are the worst! If my daughter doesn't have on a long sleeve onsie, pants
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"