Multiples

Belly binders?

Anyone have recommendations on postpartum belly binders?  My RCS is tomorrow but hey free 2 day shipping, amirite?  I haven't used one before but I've heard in general that they help with c-section recovery, so just wondering if it is worth spending extra money on one of the fancier brands or if they are all pretty much the same.

Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Belly binders?

• Good luck! I know a lot of people use them. My MFM told me there is no medical evidence that they help with healing, shaping, etc. she did say that they put pressure in the uterus so if you're bleeding a lot pp is could be the binder "rushing things" if y
    4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks!  I had a really rough recovery with my emergency c-section so I'm just looking for anything that I think will make it easier for me to be up and around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck tomorrow! 

My hospital provided one that I used for a few days post-op.  

photo image-3.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The hospital provided one. They really helped me with holding my incision from the c section. Made it not hurt as much while recovering. 
  • imagejennifire7:
    Good luck tomorrow!nbsp;My hospital provided one that I used for a few days postop. nbsp;

<br
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• My best friend recommends one for me. She had her baby 8mo ago and said it helped a lot with putting everything back in place over time and kept her from twisting and hurting herself. She had a VB
  • I got one in the hospital, and ordered the belly bandit once I got home and the one from the hospital had become too large. I prefered the one from the hospital! I would ask to see if they can send you home with an extra one, one size down. I wore mine r
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"