April 2013 Moms
Options

Cravings you want but can't have?

During (or after) pregnancy, did you ever crave something that you couldn't have due to location or whatever reason?

All I can think about today is the Salty Pimp from Big Gay Ice Cream Shop in NYC.  (Salty Pimp = vanilla soft serve, injected with dulce de leche, covered in sea salt, and dipped in chocolate.)  Unfortunately, I live in Iowa...which makes this unattainable and I can't get it out of my head!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Cravings you want but can't have?

• Options
    I'm craving a cassata cake, but there are no Italian bakeries where I live so I'm out of luck :(
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I have Celiac Disease and can't have gluten (found in wheat, barley, rye, and most oats).... my top pregnancy cravings that I haven't been able to indulge are...

1) Jet Bread (breadsticks from Jet's Pizza)

2) Pita (Original Olga from Olga'

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Omg I too want a salty pimp now!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cheesecake factory!!! absolutely everything on the menu at the cheesecake factory! closest one is 2.5 hours away.
  • Options

A couple years ago I worked in a deli and we had these spicy chicken nuggets, the spicy sauce was like a really thick glaze and they ended up switching to a sauce instead, by the time I was pregnant no one had any of the glaze packets left and I called

• Options
    I have GD so I want sweets!!! I miss chocolate cake so much! And although I allow myself a bite of ice cream here and there, I'd kill for a milkshake. In fact I already asked DH to get me one from this great place right down the block from our hospital
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Chicago style pizza
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've had constant cravings for Chick fil a, Zaxbys, and Panera. I miss them so much!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    I LOVE the baked salmon rolls from this hibachi restaurant in the city. But I can't eat it because I'm boycotting them. The last time I went I got horrible service and the manager wouldn't even come out to see me. I'm not sure who this boycott is hurting
  • Options
    I grew up in a town named warren ohio, about an hour outside of cleveland and they have two food places there that I have missed more than anything since I have been pregnant... one is called the hot dog shoppe...best chilli cheese fries in the entire wor
  • Options
    imageslumpa1:

During (or after) pregnancy, did you ever crave something that you couldn't have due to location or whatever reason?<

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13, DD born 4/5/2013
    BFP #3: 11/2/14, Due date: 7/7/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"