May 2013 Moms

2nd time moms of preemies

DS#1 was born at 36w6d, so not even really a preemie, but he was surprisingly early.  I am getting super paranoid about going into labor even earlier with #2 now.  I just want to make it to May 12 - 37 weeks and the day after DS#1's 3rd birthday party.  (Oh and it's also Mother's Day just like DS#1's birthday).

Anyone else anxious about an early arrival after a previous preemie? 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 2nd time moms of preemies

• Me. I made it to 38w5d with this LO. Once we made it to ds1's arrival, 35w5d, I just counted the days. I felt a lot better once I hit 38 weeks and I felt I was able to relax.

Lots of hugs to you. I know how anxiety ridden the possible preemi
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• DD1 was a 34-weeker, following 9 days of hospital bedrest due to pre-e. So far, I'm going strong! Once I passed 34 weeks, that was one milestone. Sights are now set on 37w, then on 38w2d (when all my work is done!)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • My first was born at 34 weeks and my second was at 37 and 6. Im passed that as of today so my record showes that I make it further each pregnancy. Go figure.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • At this point I just feel all kinds of greatful. My first was a 25 weeker and if I can claim 37 weeks next Monday I will be so happy. Good luck and prayers you make it to term.
  • Of course. DS1 was born at 33w5d. Todays actually the day I went into PTL with him but...so far so good. Of course my OB is monitoring me closely, I see him 1x a week for an U/S and I also go for an NST 1x a week. My first goal was to get past today.. the

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • I was, and I only made it to 35 weeks this time. I had the exact same thing happen as with my daughter water broke and we were off. The fact that it wasn't a surprise this time made it so much easier to deal with the situation. Lots of people go full
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My daughter was 34w5d and this little guy is still in there! Getting very anxious to meet him though! I was nervous when 34 weeks came too but as you can see it's very possible to go full term with the next one! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"