June 2013 Moms
Options

What can you wear while laboring?

(Mobile Title: What can you wear while laboring?)

I'm a FTM and am honestly more worried about wearing the correct/comfortable attire then anything else at this point (I'm weird, I worry about the smallest things first, probably to avoid the bigger things for as long as possible) Or at least knowing whether or not I can even wear anything but a hospital gown. (I'll be delivering at a hospital, but one that seems to be very "birth center" like, if that makes a difference)

Do they allow you to even wear underwear while laboring? What about a bra? I know a friend who was allowed to wear a bandeau or whatever they are called. She said it rocked because it stayed up, gave her the support she wanted, but wasn't so restrictive like a regular nursing bra, and then it was easy to pull down once baby nursed.

Me and Zech

Re: What can you wear while laboring?

• Options
    I wore a sports bra and kept my underwear on last time along with the hospital gown.

This time I'll do the same most likely.

My ob said I can wear whatever I want.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just had my gown on. But I didn't have underwear on when I got to the hospital, so I don't know if I would be allowed to keep them on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wore a sports bra, hospital gown and socks. My socks did not make it out of L&D (think the nurse threw them out). The sports bra was nice during labor but became a problem afterward when I wanted to take it off and had a bunch of IVs and monitors ho
  • Options
    We just had our hospital tour and they said you could wear whatever you wanted - the gown, your own gown, nothing, sports bra, etc.  One woman recently labored in pajama pants and only took them off when absolutely necessary.  Whatever makes you
  • Options
    I think it varies from hospital to hospital. I plan on wearing a sports bra and the hospital gown. I can't let these big things go all willy nilly!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I wore just the gown provided by the hospital and nothing underneath.  I honestly can't remember if they told me to do that or I thought it up on my own.  During labor I could have cared less what I was/wasn't wearing.  In recovery I change

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    jlaOKjlaOK member
    I wore a comfortable sports bra.  I don't like to go bra-less and it was no big deal to pull it up to breastfeed immediately.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    You ladies rock. Thank you for putting up with my insanely stupid questions =D 

Me and Zech

• Options

I just wore a hospital gown, nothing underneath.  I wasn't taking my underwear off and putting them back on every time someone wanted to poke around down there.

If you're going to wear a bra, I'd think a bandeau is the way to go....as PP men

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagesingahappysong:
    You ladies rock. Thank you for putting up with my insanely stupid questions =Dnbsp;

<br /
  • Options
    imagebkurtz0404:
    I wore a sports bra, hospital gown and socks. My socks did not make it out of Lamp;D think the nurse threw them out. Th

• Options
    imageWestern Diva:
    imagebkurtz0404:<
  • Options
    I honestly don't remember...I know I wore the hospital gown but can't remember if I had anything on underneath......I had (very optomistically) brought pre-pregnancy clothes with me and clearly they didn't fit so I ended up wearing the same outfit home th
  • Options
    You can wear whatever you want! I wore a bra and socks.  SEXY.
    We said "I Do" on 9/27/2008!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSouthSideDrea:
    I can wear whatever I want, but last time I wanted to be naked. That's pretty common.nbsp;

• Options

imageSouthSideDrea:
    I can wear whatever I want, but last time I wanted to be naked. That's pretty common. 
    <
  • Options
    I wasn't allowed to wear underwear but I was induced so that may have had something to do with it.  I didn't wear a bra but that was by choice.  I think it all depends on the hospital, doctor, etc
  • Options

imagenotquiteblushing:
    We just had our hospital tour and they said you could wear whatever you wanted - the gown, your own gown, no
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I wore a sports bra, underwear, shorts, socks and a hospital gown. I was induced and once things started to really progress I took everything off except for the sports bra and socks because it ws a pain having to take everything off for internal exams. Ri
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I wore whatever I wanted throughout labor but when it came time to push, I took everything off and put on a hospital gown. I could have left a bra on but took it off so we could have skin to skin contact/breastfeed right away. My daughter was delivered on

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I just had the hospital gown.. I'm surprised about undies especially with any fluid, blood, cervical checks.. I know I pulled off my gown at one point but I think that was mostly due to the pain, my epidurals failed.. And I remember ripping out my IVs to

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"