Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

One year old bumps and bruises

Ok, so can someone let me know which one of these 3 categories we fall into:

1.  The baby is super accident prone.

2.  I don't pay close enough attention.

3.  This is entirely normal.

Anyone else's one year olds seem to hurt themselves multiple times a day?  Within the last few days we've had so many injuries!  First he faceplanted on the mulch on the playground and cut his chin and got a few scratched on his cheek.  Then he was chewing on a plastic toy in the tub and turned quickly and the toy hit the side and caused it to scratch the corner of his mouth.  Then we were rolling around on the bed and he flew into the night table and cut his eyebrow.  Then just a little bit ago he faceplanted in the driveway and skinned his forehead, nose, and upper lip!!!!!

I feel horrible for him but he seems to take it all in stride and is never upset for more than a minute or two.  So which is it????  Is this normal????? 

Re: One year old bumps and bruises

• Options
    I think we are all 3!  Part of being this age but you try to get things done around the house and next thing you know he has something he shouldn't.  I do feel bad but I hope it is normal and not just us!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think it's normal and you don't need to worry too much. My LO falls all the time and my husband also worries but it's part of the development process. I am scared though about him walking because then injuries become more painful yet they are still n

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would say that it is totally normal.  My girls  are 16 months old and are so so active.  They never watch where they are walking so they are always tripping over toys, their own two feet or each other.  At least for my girls they sti
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, ok.  Thanks guys!  He has just started walking well and he tries to go faster than his feet sometimes!  He's just so quick with anything; it's crazy.  I guess I need to stock up on bandaids :)
  • Options

I believe this picture says it all. Picture day at school is tomorrow, of course.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Ooo... That picture looks rough.  My DS got a similar black eye when he got in a fight with a table and lost.  Since he started walking, I don't think we've gotten more than a few days without some kind of bruise on his face. He even h

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    My son always has a bruise on his forehead.  Hyland's sells a bruise and bump stick with arnica in it I bought from Amazon and it really helps heal the bruises if you apply it soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Almost as soon as my DS turned one, the bruises were everywhere! He is crawling now and has brusies on his legs, thighs from where he hits the toys against them, his forehead from face planting from a standing position. My ped was like "This is totally no
  • Options
    Definitely normal.  They're learning cause and effect, about the space around them, about their own body movements.  And that means learning that pulling on a chair makes it come down on them.  Standing on a block means falling over. 
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"