April 2013 Moms
Options

Was not expecting this - induction

We went in to get a fetal biophysical profile and NST today. The ultrasound looked good, fluid levels are good and so were his kidneys. Then I went over for the NST. My baby does not move during the day, mostly at night, so I told them I may not feel him move. His heart rate was normal and accelerating just fine, but then it dipped low. The nurse said she was calling in my midwife and sending me up to L&D. She said "they may want to induce you tonight!"

we get up to L&D and get strapped to the monitors again. Again, was not feeling him move much, but his heart was doing just fine. I was having braxton hicks every 9 minutes (which I have had basically this whole pregnancy - BH all day long). My midwife came in and checked me - my cervix was CLOSED FOR BUSINESS!! She knew I did not want an induction, but said this baby was most likely not coming on his own. If I was dilated some, it would have been a different story, but my cervix was closed and she could not feel his head. My cervix basically has not changed this whole month.

So now I am on the induction list, waiting for the phone call either tomorrow or wednesday to start cervidil. I will get the cervidil put in, monitored for an hour, and then I will be able to go home if it looks okay.

Here I thought I'd still be waiting another week or so!! 

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: Was not expecting this - induction

• Options
    The dr scheduled me for an induction for tomorrow night, I wasn't expecting it either. I am excited to have more definitive timing but its a lot to take in emotionally as well! Good luck!
    Together happily for 7 years, Married March 2012--Buckle up! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagejsaltz82:
    The dr scheduled me for an induction for tomorrow night, I wasn't expecting it either. I am excited to have more definit
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know you were planning to go up to 42 weeks if necessary, so I'm sure this is difficult for you... but it's all worth it when you hold your baby safe and sound! If it makes you feel any better, the Cervidil actually put my body into labor. The doc put i
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    Eeep, good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"