Multiples

Help a sleep deprived mama!

It seems like everyone else's kids are sttn by 6 months so I must be doing something wrong. The boys will be 7 months next week and they are waking 2-3 times a night. Basically I nurse them all night long and get NO sleep. I don't think they are hungry because they only nurse for a few minutes then fall asleep and repeat again in 2-3 hrs. Help!

How did you sleep train your babies? Were they together in the same room? I hate hearing them cry especially at the same time. Ugh... 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Help a sleep deprived mama!

• We put them down at 7 and came back at 6- no intervening at all. 3 nights of crying followed by several months of bliss... it's hard, but harder on you than them... they need to learn how to soothe themselves, so as long as they are nice healthy weights,
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jcathjcath member

I basically did the same thing.  We did a little room modification like at night the room was completely dark, sound machine on, bedtime book and then bed - so creating a ritual but both girls cried it out and it only really took 2 nights. We also

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • You aren't doing anything wrong.  All babies are different and do things in their own time.  However, now that your babies are 6 months old, most "experts" agree that they are old enough to sleep train.  My boys were never big eaters whi

D & R were born at 37w5d.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just started sleeping ~2 weeks ago. At 9months, the pedi told me to get earplugs and let them CIO. I couldn't stand it, so I would bring them to our bed and nurse them. About 2 weeks ago, we were up 6x one night with both babies. I posted on FB that we

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• I'm sorry. I know how much it sucks to be sleep deprived. My 3 year old still doesn't STTN and we've done it all. He's definitely not the norm, but I feel your pain.

I hope you get some sleep soon!

• Have you tried patting their butts instead of nursing? I shouldn't be talking because I like to go the easy comfort nurse route also, but when I do muster up the energy butt patting will put them back to sleep in a few minutes. Although, it takes me a few
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Girl, I could've written this myself!  So, no help from me just commiseration.  I basically feel really stabby when people say their baby(/ies) STTN from an early age...and part of me wants to believe they are lying.  

Mine are 7 m

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"