November 2012 Moms

Making own baby food

I don't know why but the idea of making my own baby food is completely overwhelming to me. But with that said I really want too. I EBF and like the idea of controlling his new food by knowing exactly what we are giving. Anyone have experience with making your own food? Like, what processor if any do you use? Do you mix BM into the mashed up food?
We are nearing the 6 month mark and he is showing every sign of readiness and I want to be prepared.
TIA

Re: Making own baby food

• Im not quite sure how I'll go about it but I'd also like to make my own baby food. I plan to start by using our regular food processor that we already own and adding BM to the mix. After the first batch ill make any necessary adjustments. I was also think
  • All helpful ideas. We have the small ninja food processor and hope to just use that. Being a FTM I tend to buy into all of the things "they" say I'll need but can't imagine my processor should be different than a baby food processor. And I know water and
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the ninja blender, the one with the two different size pitchers. I used the large one this weekend to puree up some boiled sweet potatoes. Added water until it was the consistency I wanted then froze it in cubes.

A lot of the girls are us

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What PP said. wholesomebabyfoods.com is amazing. I go to anytime I make something new for DS. So many helpful tips.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• I plan on making my own as well.  I am not sure how I will go about it just yet.  Our Ped told us not to make are own carrots, beets and something else due to nitrate issues.
  • i have the baby bullet but only because it was a present. i also have the ninja processor and they seem to do about the same thing. baby bullet just comes with cute little containers to store food and and tray to freeze food. 

i have s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • It's really no big deal - we make something for ourselves that's appropriate to make into baby food (like boil some sweet potatoes as our vegetable) and I use the immersion blender to puree what's left after we eat with some water. Sometimes I mix in s

• check out this website https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/ it has a TON of information and they also have a book that I am going to purchase. It makes it seem a lot easier. Just steam the v

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

• I have the beaba babycook. It's a splurge but its awesome and it steams, reheats, defrosts and pures. It takes 15 mins max for a batch. I freeze the food in oxo tot individual containers. I love them as I can travel with them easily. I've made pears, appl
  • Wow! Great information from all of you. I really appreciate all the incite. Actually looking forward to this next chapter now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"