Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Cow's milk

Our DD will be a year at the end of May. I'm planning on doing a slow transisiton between formula and cow's milk. What type of cow's milk do you give your child? Vit D milk, 1%, etc?? I'm a FTM, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Re: Cow's milk

• I believe your supposed to do the full fat milk, that is what we do we get it in organic. Also I give my LO almond milk which is really good.
  • They recommend giving 1 yr olds whole milk until they are 2 at which time you can go with a reduced fat milk. However for 1 yr olds that are overweight or obese, 2% milk might be a better option.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Loading the player...
  • Agree with PP.  You should give whole milk until age 2, then skim or 1%.  We do regular cow's milk.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just started giving LO WCM. (Whole Cow's Milk) I made sure to get it organic... chemical and hormone/GEI free.

• imagevaninarosas:
    They recommend giving 1 yr olds whole milk until they are 2 at which time you can go with a reduced fat milk. How

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• We do Horizons Organic Full Fat Milk with DHA.  Our doctor said that we could transition the milk or just go cold turkey.  I went cold turkey and she didn't skip a beat.
    Michelle
    Blythe Elizabeth is here March 27,2012
  • imagevaninarosas:
    They recommend giving 1 yr olds whole milk until they are 2 at which time you can go with a reduced fat milk. How
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"