Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Overtired baby

So my lo has now been sleeping in the rnp for the past 3 nights rather than on our chests. He will sleep 3 to 4 hour stretches. We are so happy to be sleeping in the same bed again.
MY question is every night since birth he gets overtired and screams for several hours. He will take a nap mif day and be up by 4 or 6 then won't go down for bed until 9. How do you calm an overtired baby? He fights sleep so bad at that point and only works himself up more.

photo 7e743566-12ed-490b-ab2b-c02defa0dfc7_zps2f01858c.jpg

Re: Overtired baby

• At his age, I would be trying to soothe him to sleep leaving no more that 2 hours max of wake time. My LO was sometimes only up for 45 min before he wanted to go back to sleep. I wouldn't keep him up and look closely for cues he is tired to start soothing
    5.18.11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker EDD 3.12.13
  • We have a bedtime routine starting at 7. Bath, diaper change, swaddle and cluster feeding. He usually falls asleep eating. We start rocking etc around 5 to 6 to maybe get a nap in or calm him down. He does seem to get worse gas and trouble pooping at nigh

photo 7e743566-12ed-490b-ab2b-c02defa0dfc7_zps2f01858c.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • This can be really really difficult because there's no set answer. For naps try bringing in to an area of the house that is quiet and darkish. Sit with him and use white noise just gently rock. It helps to generally do it in the same spot. You can try a p
  • imagesarahbethski04:
    This can be really really difficult because there's no set answer. For naps try bringing in to an area of the
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"