May 2013 Moms

Pads vs Depends

Is anyone using depends or have you used depends after previous deliveries?

I just keep reading about how much you will bleed after having the baby and I'm wondering if I should grab a pack of depends along with pads when I go shopping for my hospital bag? 

Re: Pads vs Depends

• Use the pads at the hospital that they give you. Don't pay for any to use there.

I never needed anything thicker than the overnights and those I only used for a few days. I was able to use reg pads and liners for the remainder of the 4 weeks
    IMG_5977lb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• I just used the pads they gave me in the hospital with the mesh underwear.  It was fine, but I had a c-section, so don't know if I actually bled as much as you would with a vaginal birth...
    TTC#2 5+ yrs Me: 44 yrs DH: 34 yrs DS born 8/2007 MC 11/2008 (natural) MC 5/2011 (IVF) MC 12/20011 (IVF) BFP 9/2012!! (DE) EDD 5/25/2013 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I always bleed very heavily, but I don't think Depends are necessary. The hospital pads are huge and they gave me extra to take home. Actually, I think I saved them for night time and used super long overnight pads during the day. I had a c-section t
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was thinking the same thing the other day. But keep in mind everyone is different some may bleed more than others. Use what they give you in the hospital, but I am sure you will get a good idea once you're there and see how much you bleed.
  • imagemommacakes4u:
    Sorry there is no way I would be caught dead in a depends.

I know, I'm just scared I wi

• I haven't found a need for depends, pads have been just find.
  • I haven't found a need for depends, pads have been just fine. ETA: the heaviest bleeding will likely be in the hospital, by the time you get home you shouldn't be bleeding all over the place. Hopefully.
  • KLJ3KLJ3 member
    I asked this a few weeks ago, and while the majority of people seemed to lean toward mega pads, I bought a package of Depends Silhouettes just in case. [Side note: Gah! Expensive!]

I tend to bleed heavily, though, and must do crazy things i

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I bleed a good amount with my c/s but only used regular over night pads after i used up the hospital ones. i dont remember i slept an entire night through without having to go pee a few times even before pregnancy, so i didn't worry too much about bleedin
  • I had my baby unexpectantly early. I had no time to stop for pads but I did pack a bag of clothes, underwear, etc. but I ended up not using any of if. The mesh panties they give you sound really uncomfortable but I was so thankful for them! They are so

IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • I had my first baby at home and 3 weeks early, so I wasn't prepared last time either...I am also a heavy bleeder. Anyway I had to send baby's dad to store and went through 2 packs of the extra long & thick overnight pads before I went back to using th
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Reading all of this just makes me realize how much I'm NOT looking forward to the post-partum aftermath. I hate pads.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • imagejerseygirl81:
    Reading all of this just makes me realize how much I'm NOT looking forward to the post-partum aftermath. I hate pad
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I can see wearing depends while waiting for my water to break as opposed to postpartum.  Pads are uncomfortable enough.  I don't want super padded bulky underwear.
  • imageMrsJ723:
    imagejerseygirl81:</st
  • imagejerseygirl81:
    Reading all of this just makes me realize how much I'm NOT looking forward to the postpartum aftermath. I hate pads.<

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"