Natural Birth

natural with multiples.

Hi all! I wanted to ask a quick question for anyone who went (or plans to go) natural with twins or multis.   From what I've been reading, twins OFTEN end in a CS because the second twin is in a breech or transverse position.   I'm in a very rural area where EVERYONE goes for the epidural and Docs often push it.  There are literally NO doulas or midwives here.   I was living in a city when I had my daughter and I delivered her naturally with a midwife.  

I'm starting to get nervous about the idea of going natural with these two but I also hate the idea of an epi.  I know others must have done this successfully so I guess I'm just looking for encouragement.

Also, as I get closer to the end,  is there anything I should be doing to get them BOTH into a good birthing position?

Re: natural with multiples.

• Try some exercises at spinningbabies.com.

I've never had multiples, but I feel like after you birth one (the one that is head down and in position) that the other would be likely to flip since there's room.  I don't know if this is actually

• I've known several women who had natural births with twins so it is possible!  Just don't let the doctors discourage you.  More than likely the second twin will be breech since there really isn't much room for both of them to be head down, bu

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Loading the player...
  • Check out this blog, Birthing Without Fear.  I have a singleton pregnancy, but the most impressive thing I've seen posted in a while was this Vaginal Hospotal Birth of Triplets post: https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2013/04/18/vaginal-hospital

imageimageimageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My mom had my twin brothers naturally.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Have you talked to your doctors to find out under what circumstances they would encourage a vaginal delivery.  For example, what happens if baby A is head-down and B is breech?  

The woman I used to nanny for had her twins med-free. &nb

• Ooh, that's a tricky situation because a lot rides on the confidence of your providers. The question isn't can you do it - because I am confident under the right circumstances any of us can - the question is really what are the risks of trying if thing

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had my twins naturally in the hospital.  I think what the PP said about whether or not YOU can do it or your PROVIDER is willing to go for it is totally true.  I had to search a little while to find an OB willing to do a breech extraction (

IAmPregnant TickerBabyFruit TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • imageLittleMommaBlueHen:
    My mom had my twin brothers naturally.
    My MIL had my husband and his twin sister natur
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"