September 2012 Moms

Anyone else bad at solids?

I'm just so lazy, I keep nursing him. DS gags if food is not pured to the nines. I give him jarred food, if at all. His nanny does give him solids once or twice a day, but on weekends he sometimes only nurses. By this point my daughter was eating WAY more solids! It's just too much work, and he barfs too easily. I know I'm being lazy. Someone kick me in the pants!! I could at least dig out the cube trays and have our nanny make some pures, but I'm even too lazy to do that because it involves digging through boxes in my attic space.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone else bad at solids?

• Guilty.  DS goes to daycare 3 days/week, so I know he gets food at least 3 days.  I often forget when he's at home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Glad I'm not alone :
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • we are surely in this club.  she won't eat anything but those mums things.  she'll pick them up.  and then...on the floor, or anywhere else but in her stomach.  

she doesn't care too much for purees either.  

just k

• Dd doesn't like them at all yet. We've tried purees and finger foods. We haven't found a hit yet. She has never consumed more than a bite. I figure we'll figure it out at some point.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Me too! We've been offering them food 1x a day for a couple of weeks now, but there has been a day or two where we didn't get around to it. My plan was to bump it up to twice a day this week, but so far... No luck :/
  • We're pretty lame over here too. Haven't gone much further than mashed bananas or applesauce once a day. If I'm really on my game then I remember to offer a veggie in afternoon, but that's only happened a few times.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh yeah, big time solids fails over here.

She hated cereal (and I hate pumping to make it for her because it gets wasted every time).

We have only done peas (hated), bananas (tolerated) and sweet potatoes (seemed to like). 

I am

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD only gets 1 pureed food a day too. After having a scare of a possible allergy to Rice Cereal and I know if she eats during dinner time she doesn't sleep well. So far she's only had Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans, Peaches and Carrots. The Apples and Banana
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    He doesn't like food yet so some days I offer it, some days I don't. Last night for dinner, I tossed some Cheerios on his tray. He played with them but didn't eat any. I never bring food to daycare. Our well visits are off a little so his 6 month was just

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"