Cloth Diapering

Critique my stash! And did I spend too much?

Hi ladies! I started to build my stash and quickly became obsessed!  Now I'm a little concerned that I spent too much.  We're planning to use prefolds and covers during the newborn phase. I plan to wash every other day. Here is what I have so far:

Newborn Stash

• Prefolds - 6 newborn GMD prefolds, 12 infant/small prefolds, planning to buy 12 more either small GMD or Imagine bamboo if they ever come back in stock
  • Covers - 7 small/newborn covers (Thirsties, Bummis, Imagine, & Kawaii)
  • One newborn AIO

Older Stash

• 15 One size pockets (Swaddlebees/Blueberry, BG 4.0, Kawaii, FB, RaR)
  • 10 OS AIO's (Grovia, TotsBots, Swaddlebees, BG Freetimes)
  • 1 Medium AIO
  • Inserts - 1 hemp doubler, 1 Babykicks premium hemp insert, 1 Applecheeks 2 ply bamboo, 1 Thirsties small, 1 Best Bottom stay dry insert
  • 4 OS Covers (Flip, Best Bottom, Blueberry)

Misc
3 snappi's, 1 wetbag (will buy a second one if we don't get it at our shower), 45 cloth wipes (homemade), CD safe diaper cream, spray bottle, wipe solution (homemade), laundry detergent (homemade)

I only have a handful of inserts because I don't know which ones will work best.  I also plan on using prefolds to stuff pockets.   This is our first and we plan on using CD's for future kiddos as well.  About half of this stash was bought new on sale and the other half was bought used.  I plan to sell what doesn't work for us. 

So far I've spent $115 on our NB stash (after the last order of prefolds) and $445 on the rest for a total of $560.  I'm worried because I haven't even entered the world of wool and that seems like it can be very pricey.   Plus the inserts are pricey too if I find that a particular one works well for us. 

Thoughts???

~~PgAL March Siggy Challenge - Pet Shaming~~
TTC #1 since Feb 2011 Dx: MTHFR C677T Homozygous, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, LPD
BFP #1: 8/4/11 c/p 4w5d
BFP #2: 9/4/11 c/p 5w0d
BFP #3: 1/16/12 c/p 4w0d
BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
BFP #5 11/2/12 ?EDD 7/16/13? PLEASE grow sweet baby!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Critique my stash! And did I spend too much?

• Bump burp
  • imagealb245:
    Hi ladies! I started to build my stash and quickly became obsessed!nbsp; Now I'm a little concerned that I spent too much.n
  • Loading the player...
  • I think that the amount of diapers that you have for the two stages is good! It is def more than I started with. I would suggest that you wait until your lo is here and at least like 3 months old to see what diapers you like and which fit them best. You c
  • imageGismo123:
    Technically you have only 7 NB diapers. The yellow edge are small not NB and while you could use them they will

TTC #1 since Feb 2011 Dx: MTHFR C677T Homozygous, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, LPD
    BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagegrangerize:
    I think that the amount of diapers that you have for the two stages is good! It is def more than I started with. I

BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DD was 8lb 5oz and lost a lot of weight in the beginning (down to 7lb 1oz at her lowest) and we used Osocozy's size 1/infant size prefolds.  Yeah, they were big but they worked.  

Your cost doesn't sound outrageous, especially consid

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think that you have a really good amount going for your OS stash. Like another pp mentioned you might need some smaller prefolds, but you could wait until your LO is born before you decide on that.

Also, don't worry about buying anymore inserts

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagealb245:

imagegrangerize:</st
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"