February 2013 Moms

Swaddling and moving

I know they say to stop swaddling when baby can roll. DD has rolled a couple times from belly to back, but she definitely can't do it consistently. And she can't roll from back to belly at all. However, the past three mornings in a row I've found her in different positions in the crib than where we put her! She must be scooting along like an inchworm or something. Yesterday she had moved all the way to the other end and was pressed up against the side (I was super glad I don't have crib bumpers!). This morning, she had turned all the way around so that she was upside down and in the middle of the crib. 

So now I'm getting a little worried. I'm afraid to stop swaddling, because she sleeps so much better that way. But if she's moving around like that, it seems like it would be safer to stop. Thoughts? 

PCOS with long, irregular cycles
First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

Re: Swaddling and moving

• I have no constructive advice because DS is doing the same thing! I was actually going to inquire about it as well. He slept from 8-4:30 last night which was great, but he had wriggled way far down and to the side of the crib! Yikes! He can roll belly to

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• My guy wiggles from one end of the cradle to the other in his swaddle. I've even found him with his legs propped up on the end. Haha. I'd be nervous if he flipped over, though. I might try it one more night and if she flips again, I'd stop swaddling.

• Loading the player...
  • I used to fully swaddle DD for bedtime and naps. When she started to roll (on the bed) belly to back, I started swaddling her with arms out. I stopped swaddling her for naps. I only swaddle her for bedtime if she is fussy. We bedshare at bedtime and I

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS has always been a wiggler and mover since he's been home from the hospital he was in the NICU the first three weeks. We swaddle him with a blanket and a swaddleme and he can bust out if those a lot. DH and I have started betting on how far and in what

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• I think for the sake of being safe, I'd either leave arms out or stop all together.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My lo does the same thing. I swaddle arms out now
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"