Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Toddler bed?

Today, I discovered my 20 month old trying to climb up the side of her crib, because she wanted to take a nap. At what age did you or do you plan to convert the crib to a toddler bed. Everyone says "when they climb out of it". Mine doesn't want out, she wants in! Lol!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket

Re: Toddler bed?

• Not until she crawls out of it..lol. So helpful I know.

But my kid is a great sleeper, loves her crib and has no desire to crawl out of it at this point..I'm not screwing with that sense of security and great sleep just yet.

• imagedairygirl19:
    Not until she crawls out of it..lol. So helpful I know. But my kid is a great sleeper, loves her crib and has no desir
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • We put DD in a full-size bed at around 18 months.  My gut feeling just told me she was ready and she was.  The transition went beautifully.  DS, on the other hand, will NOT be released from his confinements for a while.  He doesn't lis
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have the same problem. He moved a basket over to climb onto his night stand then climb into the crib and went to sleep. I'm not moving him into a big bed until he climbs out if the crib.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • DS has been in his toddler bed for about two weeks now. He does fine with it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My DS has trying climbing into his crib.  He cannot yet, but he has tried.  That definitely doesn't mean that I'm moving him into a toddler bed.  I've heard of other kiddos that will climb in but not climb out.

DS enjoys his c

DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • We actually switched dd over at 13 months and she slept and went to bed better than she ever did in the crib. I guess, for her, anyway, the crib was a source of confinement, not security. She's always slept well, though, and doesn't get up in the middle o
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't plan on switching mine for a while still. She will be 2 at the end of next month.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"