September 2013 Moms

overweight before BFP

Based on my pre pregnancy weight I was considered overweight by a few pounds. I don't know how much emphasis to put on it though since I had gained weight from the baby we lost and shortly after got a BFP with this LO.

My questions is if you're considered overweight did your doctor recommend a different calorie intake vs a "normal" weighted person? I've read that its normal to intake 300 more calories a day while pregnant, but I'm not sure how it works for an overweight situation.

Yes, I will talk to my doctor at my next appointment, but it will be a few more weeks until then. TIA

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: overweight before BFP

• With both DS and this one I was given a sheet (all patients are, they didn't single me out) with recommended weight gain for each BMI range.   I was overweight with DS and normal weight this time and didn't get a specific weight gain speech

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• imageL&R70707:
    With both DS and this one I was given a sheet (all patients are, they didn't single me out) with recommende

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Loading the player...
  • eyriseyris member

My doctor just told me to gain 15-25 lbs.  I'm a size 12, but on the BMI scale I am considered "obese" because I'm about 40 lbs over what the BMI says I should be, but I am quite curvy and always have been.

Even so, my doctor hasn't said any

My little guy!  Everett Richard born 9/3/13

• to repeat a lot of what was said I was told to stay in the 10-20lb gain for the whole pregnancy.

I just try to eat healthy and work out when I can. I've only gained 3lbs so far where at this time with DS I had gained like 15 :( haha

Married the love of my life in 2011

DS born in 2012

DS2 born in 2013

Lil surprise due October 18th!

• I'm overweight. My dr has never said a word to me about my weight except for once last pg. but that was because I lost 7 lbs between 35 and 36 weeks!

Basically, I eat when I'm hungry, and eat till I'm full, and I don't over do the candy and
    January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I was considered overweight according to BMI as well, but barely. I was told I should aim for 20 to 25 lbs. I think that is the recommended gain for normal to start. I would think if you were pushing closer to the obese side they would recommend someth
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedhaueisen:
    Calorie counting isn't the best way to make sure you are eating healthy, nor is putting a number to weight gain in
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Toby, my furry baby
  • imageEMLYNNLERETTE:
    I was considered overweight according to BMI as well, but barely. I was told I should aim for 20 to 25 lbs. I
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"