February 2013 Moms

night time diaper change poll

I just read through the bed sharing post and it got me wondering... How often do you change LO's diaper at night? We do it every time we feed her and she's FF. I saw that with the bed sharers many do it out of convenience so they can stay in bed to nurse so I'm assuming diapers aren't changed? Do you have leaks? Just wondering if I could get DD to sleep a little longer if she's not so roused from the changes...

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: night time diaper change poll

• We CD and I put DD in a fitted with a fleece liner + doubler in a bummi or flip cover.  I change her between 11pm-midnight and then whenever she wakes up next, usually 6-7am.  So far we're leak free.  On the nights I remember to get up arou
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our little guy sleeps in 4 hour stretches so every time he wakes up to feed, I change him too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • My LO is eating about every 2-3 hours day and night, but I'll get up to change him every 2 feedings or so during the night... so, roughly every 4 hours. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I only change if there is an obvious leak or poop, or if LO is having a difficult time settling back into sleep. In the past few weeks, this has only happened a couple of times.
    Mommy to Seth (4) and Catherine Anne (13 mo.) Excited to welcome a third child in March of 2013!
  • I get up and change it once around 2:00 when he wakes up, and before I go to bed around 10:00.  He's good until he wakes up for the day around 5:00 or 6:00.  My 2 year old is up.for.the.day. around 5:00 or 6:00, so the rest of us are too

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • he gets his last diaper change when we go to bed at midnight and he doesn't need changed again until we all wake up at 8 am. he's a magical baby, i think. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I only change DSs diaper if he has pooped in it. But usually he poops during his feeding so we end up with a change during every night feeding. This morning at his 6 am feeding he didn't poop in his diaper so I left him in it. His usual day starts around
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD wiggles and grunts if her diaper is wet or dirty. It wakes me up and I have to change it. I usually remember to keep diapers, wipes and maybe some coconut oil bedside to change her without getting out of bed. Sometimes she wakes up to eat a little, but
  • imagejoecubed:
    I only change if there is an obvious leak or poop, or if LO is having a difficult time settling back into sleep. In
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't anymore. I stopped because DS was basically STTN from 10p to 430a. I figured, what's another couple hours? Now he usually sleep until 6. Also, he's never been a night pooper.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • imagejoecubed:
    I only change if there is an obvious leak or poop, or if LO is having a difficult time settling back into sleep. In

• Unless she poops or leaks, we don't change her at night (we also FF). We did the first 8 weeks or so, but once she was consistently sleeping the whole night (of course waking to drink but then falling right back asleep) and we moved up to size 2 diaper

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• We do bedshare and like DC I have everything right beside me to change E, but he is starting to sleep longer and longer at night. Its only a matter of time before he consistently STTN.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• imagejoecubed:

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• imageDC2London:
    I keep diapers, wipes, coconut oil, hand sanitizer, a wetbag and extra sleepers on my bedside table so there is no

Archer Liam - 2/6/13
    Freya Lillian - 11/15/15
  • I only change if I hear her poop.

• We roomshare and little boy often pees through his diaper multiple times a night, so he has to be fully changed clothes, diaper, swaddle, sheet at almost every feeding 23 times per night. I've tried everything I can think of, but it's just what it is. Eve

• I tried changing LO through the night feedings, but she took almost an extra hour o try to get back to sleep. I now only change when needed. LO sleeps in her crib in our room, We have her dresser and change table beside her crib.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"