Babies: 3 - 6 Months

3 month old standing

My DD is just over 3 months old. Lately she's been fussying unless I let her stand supported by me. But today I let go to see what would happen and she stood unassisted for  about a min and was able to do it multiple times. My mom said that can make her bow legged, is that true or an owt?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 3 month old standing

• I was wondering the same thing. My grandma said that to me last week!
  • imageBrendamndz:
    Correct me if I am wrong but I thought I had read this is now considered an OWT and that docs no longer agree with this
  • Loading the player...
  • OWT! DS always preferred standing and his legs are perfect.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Definitely an owt. Babies start out bowlegged and they straighten as they get older, so don't worry if LO's legs have a bit of curve.
    kids with flags
  • ok, thanks ladies. I figured it was an OWT but wanted to get other opinions
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD can't stand on her own but she's definitely most happy standing vs. laying down so she spends a ton of time standing assisted.
  • I'm so glad someone asked this because my son has been wanting to stand since he was a little over a month old. I've been so worried about that. lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have an appointment for today to check her progress, I'll ask there and give everyone a drs opinion. I'm sure you are all right, but it will be interesting to hear what she says.
  • imageJbosarge85:
    I have an appointment for today to check her progress, I'll ask there and give everyone a drs opinion. I'm sure you are
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • I agree with OWT. They are pretty much standing in jumparoo and excersaucer, and they haven't recalled those for bow legged babies, haha.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"