April 2013 Moms

Induction question- Cervadil?

I'm being induced Tuesday at 5am.  I'm already 3 cm dilated, but the nurse said that I would come in Monday at noon and have Cervadil placed.  Then I'll go home and come back in the morning.  I thought that you only needed Cervadil if your cervix was not favorable.  I asked the nurse about it and she said that most of the time they still do Cervadil.  I would rather not have it if I don't need it.

Does anyone have any experience with this? 

Re: Induction question- Cervadil?

• That was my impression, too favorable cervix = no need for cervadil.

And for what it's worth, I went in to be induced 4/11, I was only 2 cm dilated had a great induction. Kinda long for a 2nd birth: pit started at 8:00 a.m., baby here at 6:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
  • I have had a few friends who have gone in for inductions and only needed the cervadil to go into full labor. So maybe that is why they are placing the cervadil? Because you may not need the pitocin?

Good luck!  

• Loading the player...
  • I was not dilated at all when I was induced, so I got cervadil. It was enough to get things going for me.

• I am 2-3 cm dilated, and my OB said that if she were to induce me, she wouldn't need to use Cervadil, she would just break my water.  I haven't decided whether we will go that route, so I didn't inquire about any specifics.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • I was on it now I am on pitocin. I did not have favorable cervix hence I needed it. GL!
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • I guess it depends on your Bishop score, which takes into account not just dilation but also cervical effacement, consistency, position, and the baby's station. You may be 3cm but still have an unfavorable Bishop score, making Cervadil appropriate -eh?
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • I'm currently on it right now. Wish I was allowed home. :0/ 
  • Thanks ladies. I will follow up with the nurse this morning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"