Babies: 6 - 9 Months

baby mum mums/puffs?

When did you start with mum mums and puffs? Also, is there a real reason to give them? Do they have any actual nutritional value/teach LOs anything related to eating (like chewing)? Or are they just snacks?

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
BFP 9/27/14
MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14

Re: baby mum mums/puffs?

• We started giving them about 6.5 months. They help LO practice pincer grasp.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • zmosszmoss member

I give LJ mum mum's to practice hand to mouth coordination (they are just rice cereal husks--so if you give that to your baby then why not in cracker form?) The puffs we give to help with the pincer grab like PP^^^ said.

IMO there is no real nut

imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
  • Loading the player...
  • imagezmoss:

I give LJ mum mum's to practice hand to mouth coordination (they are just rice cereal husks--so if you give that to you

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
  • imagehilsy85:
    imagezmoss:</stron
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• I gave mum mum's at around 5.5 months- it was an easy snack to keep him occupied while I was cooking or something, they are a limited mess and very easy for him to pick up. Cooked carrots or similar things were too slippery for him. I keep them in my diap

• No real nutritional value in any of these.  They help with chewing, hand/eye, pincer grasp, learning to eat indepenently.  I really liked puffs with DD and will use them again for DS.  The dissolve quickly so that helps with the choking

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We started with the mum-mum right after DS2 turned 6 mo. He doesn't really like the taste, but he gums it to help with teething. However, our LO makes a mess with it because once the mum-mum gets a little saliva on it, it dissolves and can get sticky. I d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If you don't want to use these and you would rather use soft veggies and fruits, I really like the suggestion on the wholesomebabyfood website.  They say "HINT: Grind up cheerios, graham crackers,
  • imagesmileybabyboy:
    If you don't want to use these and you would rather use soft veggies and fruits, I really like the suggestion on t

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
  • I never used the puffs because there is really no nutritional value. Instead I bought from target a bag of Archer Farms freeze dried corn in the dried fruit area. They have a very similar texture to puffs and will dissolve and get soft while in LOs mouth.
  • We started at 7 months....he practices feeding himself with them

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• kekiskekis member
    Looks like CDNFarmGirl also feeds her DS wood planks.  CUTE sig pic!!!!!!  :)
    Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"