April 2013 Moms

I need a pep talk.....

Or maybe a misery loves company post..... Not sure which.

I'm over breast feeding. Not sleeping more than a 3.5 hour stretch in 3 weeks is absolute torture. Seriously, at this point I can.not.take.it.

The sleep deprivation is worse than any single part of pregnancy was for me. Hell at this point I'd even say its worse than labor and delivery was.

Yet I know I am lucky to have a natural latcher, good milk supply and should be tougher than this.

Can someone please tell me to keep going? And that it will get easier?

I'm losing my marbles over here tonight.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

Re: I need a pep talk.....

• The exhaustion is no joke! But hang in there! The health benefits for your LO are so worth it! Maybe try pumping before bed so you can ensure a good feeding. I did that the other night and he had a full feeding right before
    We went down for the nigh
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm actually doing both and it's not as stressful as long as my baby girl gets some kind of breast milk I'm happy with that
    Baby Bella BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It gets better. I promise.
    My mums group has a mantra: This too shall pass.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • Exact same boat. 3 weeks, no sleep, great supply, good latch, kinda over it. I just need sleep.

No words of advice. Hang in there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am right there with you! I want to quit breastfeeding so bad,I am just sticking it outbc I know it is healthiest for LO. The lack of sleep is so tough though. Hang in there, we can do this!
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • I felt the same way with my DS, the truth is you kinda get used to it.  I used to say I *needed* nine hours of sleep every night (and I still kinda believe that) but the truth is I have gotten only a handful of good nights sleep over the past two

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm right there with you plus I'm supplementing with pumped milk. Reese still hasn't regained her birth weight so I have to feed her every 2-3 hours even at night which means even if she did sleep longer, no rest for me. Just keep telling yourself that it
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • You need to do what you need to do. However, (and take this with a grain of salt as I'm talking about my now 6 yo dd), formula feeding didn't make any difference as far as sleeping at night goes. She didn't STTN until she was well over a year old and m

Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Breastfeeding gets so much easier at 2 months and then again at 3-4 months. Really, it does get better! If you can learn to nurse in side lying position, you can at least rest while nursing. Oh, and there's a growth spurt at 3 weeks, so baby will want to
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • imagebrevans02:

You need to do what you need to do. However, (and take this with a grain of salt as I'm talking about my now 6 yo d

• It gets so much easier! Right now it's about survival. You'll get through it and then more than likely really enjoy it. In the long run bfing is so much easier. There's no measuring, mixing, heating, cleaning. You always have your boobs on you. At night h

Layne-May 6, 2013

Callie-February 14, 2011

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagejersey1402:
    I hope you don't mind me posting, I'm a feb mum and was just looking around at some of the new birth stories. A

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

• Many thanks for the responses ladies.

im not going to quit, as I know it won't help the sleep issues and ill also be selling my daughter short of what's best for her and that's not fair.

i am just having a REALLY hard time with the sleep de

• It definitely gets easier! You just have to power through a little longer. Soon enough LO will sleep longer stretches at night. I know it feels like torture now but hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wish that sleep deprivation was the only issue that I had! Don't give up if that's your only struggle with breast feeding. You will still wake up with baby even if you are bottle feeding so hang in there! I struggled with bad latch, low supply, and tor
    -Jackie "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans" - John Lennon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"