November 2013 Moms
Options

Jack and Jill gender test?

I saw a post about someone getting one done. I looked into it and it's a blood test and cost like $200. Am I correct? Also, does anyone know how accurate it is/is it worth it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Jack and Jill gender test?

• Options
    Idk about that but I'm going in for an NT scan just to see if they're able to guess. My OB said this office has a 98 accuracy and I think everything's covered by my insurance so it's the cheaper option.
  • Options
    I looked it up too.  It was over 99% accurate.  I can't remember the number right after the decimal.  I thought about trying it, but I would rather splurge on a 3D ultrasound later on.  Finding out at 20 weeks will give me plenty of ti
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemelisx33:

I guess I really don't get gender tests-at all. Why can't you wait till 20-22 weeks to get an actual accurate answer

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options
    Since I'm AMA were are having the maternity 21 test which as a perk also gives accurate gender. It can be done as early as 11 weeks.

I don't think I'd pay the extra just to have a gender result this early bit since we are getting this test a
  • Options
    Jmo30Jmo30 member
    I'm having the genetics testing done on the 29th and its included with that test. They will draw blood from me and be able to give us the results in a week! We will wait till the 20 week anatomy scan before buying anything though but just to try and know
  • Options

imageHollywogg:
    Since I'm AMA were are having the maternity 21 test which as a perk also gives accurate gender. It can be done as

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

In my Think Tank, KM, Porteen + LowePro bags: Canon 5D Mark III / 5D Mark II
    16-35mm 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 24-70mm 2.8L, 50mm 1.2L, 85mm 1.2L, 100mm 2.8L IS, 70-200mm 2.8L IS
    Lensbaby Composer + 0.42x SuperWide, Holga Lens, Speedlite 580EXIIs + PWs,
    Mac LR4 + CS6 + Nik Editing Suite
  • Options
    I had it done with DD and am going to have it done again this time. They offer it here with the NT scan. Insurance covers it, otherwise I would not get it done. It is a lot of fun to find out so early!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"