October 2013 Moms

After birth 1st meal

2nd tri post got me thinking...You will be STARVING once you give birth and move into Mother Baby room. Last time family brought in pizza (I gave birth at 3pm and by the time I was all ready to go and in my new room.... that was the only thing we could get other then fast food ..... yuk! And hospital food is just as bad. This time I am thinking of planning better, like having a pre-made lasagna (or have MIL make it) with garlic bread and yummy salad (and yes, even if it is early in the AM.... you will be THAT hungry!!!)! And then when the family comes to see LO they will bring in the food at the same time.... 

What sounds good for your 1st meal?

Re: After birth 1st meal

• I had such high hopes for my first meal, but I wasn't the slightest bit hungry. Actually, I didn't have much of an appetite the entire time I was in the hospital. Maybe it had something to do with having a csection, idk. Hopefully this time will be differ
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't even remember what I had.... Hmmm....

My hospital food was great though. Breakfast was the best. I also had dh bring me many many turkey subs. Luckily there was a place right across the street. It was delicious! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I was starving after giving birth to my DD!  She was born after 11 pm though, and we lived in a small town so there was nothing for me to eat until breakfast, talk about hungry!  One of my biggest complaints about the hospital was that there

• Last time I had a delicious turkey club sandwich on pretzel bread. It was hospital food but the hospital I'll be at has great food.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• By time they moved me up to my room, it was about 11pm, so no dinner but the nurse went and found me a couple rolls with butter.  Darned if they weren't the best thing I'd eaten in days.

The next day, I sent DH across the street for lobster

m/c 9/22/07 at 8w5d...BFP 12/23/07! DD born 9/4/2008, BFP 2/14/13...DS born 10/22/2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBunkster2008:

I was starving after giving birth to my DD!  She was born after 11 pm though, and we lived in a small town

• We brought food. I was only in the hospital for a few hours, but I brought cut up fruits, veggies cheese. Watermelon was like the greatest thing on earth. It was 2 am by he time I was all sewed up, but I still packed away some food. Oh and my midwife was
  • I couldn't eat after DD because I was on magnesium. Lol. I hadn't eaten since Monday night and I had her on Friday. I think I might have eaten on Sunday lol
  • imagemisskris927:
    I had such high hopes for my first meal, but I wasn't the slightest bit hungry. Actually, I didn't have much of a
    DD ~ 8/30/09 DS ~ 10/13/13
  • I'm using a birth center and I can eat while in labor. But I think my first meal will be a big turkey sandwich because im not eating it during pregnancy.
  • imagemoninc:
    I'm using a birth center and I can eat while in labor. But I think my first meal will be a big turkey sandwich because

Bison (FCS) beats Big 12 Champs Kansas St (24-21)!!!
    imageimage

• Last time I was starving and dd was born at almost midnight. All I got was a late night hospital snack thing that was a muffin and some juice and fruit. This time I'm not going to sleep until h gets me a footlong Italian bmt from subway.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• My whole family went to eat at Cracker Barrel, which is by our hospital. I know they were trying to be nice when they brought me something, but they didn't even ask me what I wanted, and what they chose was definitely not something I would have chosen. Th
  • I had DD at 7pm and a nurse was kind enough to save me a plate from dinner and reheat it for me when I was ready, still down in labor and delivery. It was disgusting, flavorless, rubber chicken with steamed veggies and a roll but it was the best damn thin

• I gave birth right after dinner time at the hospital and my nurse saved me some dinner which was Penne ala Vodka and salad.  She nuked it for my when all was said and done.  She let me eat in delivery room before they took me up to maternity

imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • I had a c section and had to force myself to eat bc i was so sick from all the meds

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've heard our hospital brings a congratulatory steak dinner for you and dh. Also meals are to order off a menu I'm very much looking forward to this.
  • imageLabarre5:
    I couldn't eat after DD because I was on magnesium. Lol. I hadn't eaten since Monday night and I had her on Friday. I thi

• I plan on bringing some snacks (granola bars etc..) just in case.   Our hospital food isn't bad.  Dh's grandpa used to take him to eat there as a kid ( he lived 2 blocks away).

if not there are enough restaurants that will be open late

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD was born a little before 1am so I slept and munched on jello and popsicles until my mom brought me a steak quesadilla from On the Border. It was delicious.

imageLilypie - (jv05)
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I had a c/s at 11 am and by like 7 pm they finally brought me jello and italian ice.

I remember really wanting sushi afterwards and when I finally had it, it was a huge let down. My taste buds changed so much during pregnancy and it took a bit t

• I had a Jimmy Johns sub last time. The nurse also brought me graham crackers almost immediately after he was out
  • I had a super easy, super fast, perfect epidural almost painless birth. I was up walking around about an hour or two afterwards and felt pretty great.

Even with all that, I didn't want to eat for probably close to 24 hours. I drank tons of wa
  • Our hospital actually has super delicious food, but I live in a smaller town and the hospital is just all around very nice. I will probably just eat something from there.

• I woulD like an Italian from Penn Station!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • I delivered at 10 pm, but wasn't hungry afterward.  Breakfast was crappy hospital food, so my DH went out and get a strawberry lemonade from MC Donalds.  That was pretty awesome.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just ate hospital food. It was just easier. And honestly, I don't remember it being that bad. No, it's not gourmet dining, but it's not airplane food either.
  • My first meal after DS didn't come til 9 am the next morning because I had a c-section. I was ticked I hadn't eaten in over 24 hours by the time I delivered at 6 pm and they still wouldn't let me eat. However, I have to say the hospital food where I deliv
    imageimageimage
      imageimage
    image   image

August Siggy Challenge Photobomb
  • I delivered my son (stillbirth) so I had no time to prepare as it was unexpected. I was finally cleared to eat at 3 am and I was starving! Dh went to the cafeteria to find whatever he could.  It was not the best but it was good enough.

&nbsp

• I was starving after I had my son but it was almost midnight before we got moved into our recovery room. Thy have sandwich meals on the floor for people who have babies after the cafeteria closes but I'm a vegetarian so I ended up with a fruit cup, graham

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• I was induced on thurs at 4 pm and had DD by csection on fri at 7pm. I can't remember if I could eat anything but liquids that night, but I know my stomach was queasy. I had broth and sprite that night. My first real meal was wendys for lunch on Saturday.
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • I don't remember if I was allowed to eat after my c-section.  I was begging for water in the recovery area, but they would only let me have a little ice.  Just enough to really wet my mouth.

I had DS in the evening.  I don't remem

Sisters:  Now and then.

imageimage

Elijah's 1st day of Kindergarten!
  • With DD1 my parents brought me In n out. It was so amazing.

With DD2 I wasn't hungry at all. The nurse did bring me lunch after a couple hours and it was pretty good. I forgot what it was.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • I had a big Mac and fries after coming down from the csection meds and enjoyed every delicious bad for you bite of it! It hit the spot! Then I ate healthy again! Lol but that first meal all I wanted was carbs and fries and loves it!!!
  • The nurse brought me an icy cold cup of grape juice while I was still being stitched up. I don't love juice usually but that was the best thing I have ever tasted in my life! Then I threw it up a few minutes later, I was so sad. She got me another one abo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"