Cloth Diapering

Replacement inserts/ doublers for BG?

About a month ago I went back to using CDs after a several-month hiatus (our washer was on the blink).  I guess she pees a lot more now because I feel like I'm constantly changing diapers!  I use BG 4.0 which need to be changed every other hour, and sometimes the Freetimes (which only last 1 1/2 hrs).  Now that spring is finally here and we're spending more time out and about, it's becoming problematic.  Are there more absorbent liners out there, or doublers that could help? Or is this just part and parcel of using CDs with a toddler (DD is 17 months, but petite, about 20 lbs).  I use disposables if I know we're going to be out for a while, but I'd rather not have to if we're just going to the neighborhood playground.  I don't want to give up altogether, but it's just starting to become too much!  Thanks for any help...

Re: Replacement inserts/ doublers for BG?

• Oh how weird, I meant to use my regular screenname, not my old one from the Knot, lol...
  • imageChristy-White:
    About a month ago I went back to using CDs after a several-month hiatus (our washer was on the blink).  I

• Loading the player...
  • I bought some Applecheeks 2 layer bamboo inserts. I put one of those in with one MF for his normal daytime diapers now, and we're back up to 2-3 hours between changes.

You could also try 2 alva 4 layer MF/bamboo inserts: <a href="https://www.alvab

• Thanks for the replies!
  • 2 hours is a fairly standard time for one diaper to last before needing to be changed. To increase absorbency you could add bamboo or hemp though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We were getting major leaking with our BG's. Now we're back to no leaking since stuffing them with some cotton or Bamboo prefolds.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• We use the thirsties duo inserts.  Top layer of fleece/MF and second layer is hemp (snap together.)  
    5 failed clomid/femara cycles led to injects and IUI = BFP December 2011! Enjoying life with Owen Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"