Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Sleep question, please help!

Bradley is 2 months old, and is (obviously) more awake during the day, but still sleeps a good bit as well. He goes down at night around 8, and wakes up around 1am, and 5am to eat. My question is, should I try to keep him awake for longer during the day? My mom says I need to, so that he will learn to stay awke during the day and to sleep through the night. BUT I just think that if he's sleepy, he needs to sleep. Anyone else struggling with this or have any advice?? Im not sure what to do, but Im sure that baby knows best when it comes to his sleep...
Melissa Lynn

Re: Sleep question, please help!

• My LO is 11 weeks, and she has his exact schedule.  Don't try to keep him up more during the day.  He could become overly tired and then have more trouble sleeping at night.  Let him sleep when he needs to sleep. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No, do not try to keep him awake more during the day.  Someone posted a link to a sleep article w/ a sleep chart for how long babies should be awake, nap, and sleep at night by age....I will try to find and repost later.  But at 8 weeks, babi

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Loading the player...
  • imageally2011:

No, do not try to keep him awake more during the day.  Someone posted a link to a sleep article w/ a sleep char

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Thanks guys!!! The same thing happened that everyone is saying. I tried to keep him up longer yesterday, and he was horribly cranky and slept like poop last night. Thanks for the advice!
    Melissa Lynn
  • imageSagen:
    imageally2011:<
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Two wakings at night at 2 months are perfectly normal. My LO did not sleep through the night until he was four months (he slept from 8-5:30) and then when he was 5 1/2 he extended the night to 8-7.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• imageSagen:
    imageally2011:</stro

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Noooooo.  It's a true story that sleep begets sleep.  he's sleeping so well at night because he's getting rest during the day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemfrost868:
    Thanks guys!!! The same thing happened that everyone is saying. I tried to keep him up longer yesterday, and he was

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"