Babies: 0 - 3 Months

spoiled @ 3weeks

I say no but daddy says i already spoiled our LO.  I picked up our LO wheneven he cried and now today he wont sleep without being on me or daddy chest to chest. When i put him back in his crib he'll wake up 15mins later. 

Is daddy right did I spoil him already??

Re: spoiled @ 3weeks

• I personally don't believe it's possible to spoil babies that young. Right now, babies aren't motivated by those kind of urges and they want to know you're going to be there for themwhich could be why your LO wants to be close to you.

My D
  • I've read that babies that aren't allowed to cry too long and just are loved on at this stage are actually better adjusted and less likely to have behavioral issues later on. I say love on!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • C thats what I thought.  I figure u cant spoil him til later.  But today I couldnt do anything cause daddy was @ work all day and LO just wont sleep unless he was on me so no dishes/wash/or anything was done it was even hard to make his bottles
  • Definitely cant spoil a baby :) hes only a month old & has been warm and curled up in the womb for 9 months! Hes used to you and being warm and curled up. I picked up my son when he would cry because he needed soothing and to be warm. He is 8 weeks no
  • No you're not spoiling him. My son also will have times where he won't sleep, or won't be content, unless he's being held -

My Baby Bjorn carrier has been key here. He goes right to sleep in it with his head curled up on my chest. And I ca

Pregnancy Ticker
  • not possible. I hold my LO all day, either in a sling or in my arms unless we're feeding, she's being changed, or for the 45 minutes-1 hour she's awake and alert after food....and she sleeps in her crib at night like a champ. Puts herself to sleep she

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Not possible at 3 w

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Its not possible to spoil them at that age... they have no idea what this world is, they dont understand whats happening yet.
    ~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• Your three week old is not spoiled. Don't stop picking up your crying baby. He needs you to let him know you're there for him and will meet his needs. You need to teach him he can trust you by holding him when he cries. 

Get a carrier so you

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageswelniak:
    I've read that babies that aren't allowed to cry too long and just are loved on at this stage are actually better ad

• The 4th trimester, you can make things as comfortable for LO as during the first 3.  You do not have to even have a notion of spoiling until after 3 months.
  • one major thing is sleep me and daddy dont want to fall asleep with the LO but its hard 2 do when he wont sleeep in his crib. What 2 do then?
  • imageBliss+Berry:

imageangiee
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would say love on that baby as long as she or he will let you. :) But I also understand needing to get just one thing done in a day. The sling is a good idea if you have one. Also I have read if you put a shirt or something you have worn next to them, t
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRibbitGrl930:

imagesweln
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"