Adoption
Options

Well, our visits are scheduled!

It took us nearly four months to complete paperwork and now we have two visits scheduled with a caseworker who seems really nice (which lowers my level of terror slightly).  Wink  

I know everyone gets nervous, but I feel like we started out so far behind...  we have half-finished home improvement projects and a backyard that needs sod, and barky dogs.  We just need to prioritize.  

My feet and Miss Heidi the rescue mutt!

15 treatment cycles: four early m/c
Moving forward with domestic infant adoption!

Home study approved 5/13, now just waiting...

Re: Well, our visits are scheduled!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Congratulations on this step! I am sure that the visits will go fine.

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    As far as the dogs go, I have three (one a doberman), my social worker was scared of dogs, and all was fine. She actually was fine with them in the house with us for the second visit.

• Options

I'm glad you're moving on to the visits.  Don't worry.  You are not behind anyone.  Home improvement projects and animals do not have any bearing on your homestudy, provided you can show that the baby will be raised in a safe environment

• Options
    That's exciting that you got your visits scheduled! We have our final home visit next Wednesday, and it is nerve wracking.  I just keep telling myself that they aren't looking for our house to be perfect without a speck of dust anywhere.  T
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Options
    Thanks, all of you.  Smile  It's so nice to "know" people who've all been there.  

• Options

imageirismorning:
    As far as the dogs go, I have three (one a doberman), my social worker was scared of dogs, and all was fine. She

• Options
    imagesarahtoledo:

imageirismo

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"