April 2013 Moms

It's Official.

I did it. Earlier this week I made the phone call to my boss and am now a SAHM! This was a very difficult decision to make, but one that I feel is worth it. The thing that keeps running through my mind is this - I have my whole life to work, but only a short time to raise my babies. I'm so thankful that I have a supportive husband who is able to provide enough to give me this option. It's a little scary to take this leap, but I really do feel like this is the best choice for my family. 

Any advice from those of you who are veteran SAHMs is welcomed! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: It's Official.

• Congrats! I'm jealous, I would love to do that if we could swing it financially. Enjoy this time!!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!  I'm a little jealous because I'm the main income earner in our family, so I don't have the option, at least not until DH is working (he's currently working on his PhD).  Of course by then we may be done having kids... </p

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • That's so wonderul!  Now that our DD is here, DH and I have been discussing this as an option.  We both agree that we would like for me to be a SAHM, but we are so nervous about finances.  I'm home for the next 5 months, so we will see if w
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm a newbie to the SAHM world, I quit my outside-the-home job in November, but I do think it was the right decision to make.  We don't make a ton of money, but the financial sacrifice is worth it to all of us :)
  • Congratulations! I've dreamed of making that call three times over now. Thankfully it'll happen at the end of this year, but it'd be so fantastic to transition from leave!
    Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• No advice because I am unfortunately not in this position, but I am totally jealous bc I would absolutely love to be!!!!

congrats to you! Enjoy! 

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• That is so terrific!!!
    I would LOVE to be a SAHM!!

I'm sorry I don't have any advice. But just wanted to say congratulations!

20121128_085400(1) - Copy pic2 pic3 Pregnancy Ticker Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! image
  • You will never regret it. 

Layne-May 6, 2013

Callie-February 14, 2011

• Congratulations - I can only imagine how much better you must feel now that you've told your boss!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yea! I love being a SAHM! 
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Awesome! I will be home for a year but will be returning to work. I hope this time I will be a happier SAHM but I will need to return to work because we can't afford it. My best advice is to find a mommy group in your area. I found mine on meetup.com and
  • Congratulations and I agree that finding a group of moms or some people close by with kids the same age is a huge part of enjoying being home. If you can't find a formal moms group or just don't like the vibe, look for things like breastfeeding support

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats!!
  • imageknitfaced:
    Yay! Very exciting! I am a sahm and love it! It is not for everyone and can sometimes be lonely but very worth it. My ad
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"