Natural Birth

Home Birth Costs

I'm only 5w but I'm already starting to look into having a home birth.  I live in the suburbs of NYC (one of the most expensive regions in the US) and I'm wondering how much this will cost us.  Can you tell me how much your MW cost, what it entailed, and where you're from?

Thank you!

Diagnosed with PCOS
TTC Since 2009
July 2011- IUI #1 BPN (Clomid, Ovidrel, Crinone)
Aug 2011- IUI Cancelled (Clomid, Ovidrel, Crinone)
Sept 2011- IUI Cancelled (Clomid, Ovidrel, Crinone)
Oct 2011- IUI Cancelled (Clomid, Ovidrel, Crinone)
Nov 2011- IUI #2 BPN (Femara, Ovidrel, Crinone)
Took a break and then found a new RE
Oct 2012- IUI #3 BPN (Follistim, Ovidrel, Crinone)
Nov 2012- IUI #4 (Follistim, Ovidrel, Crinone)
BFP on November 29th
Pregnancy was ectopic and terminated on December 8th

Re: Home Birth Costs

• My homebirth CNM cost $5000 plus the purchase of a birth kit (around $60).  It included all prenatal visits (weeks, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, IIRC), the birth (including the tub), and postpartum care (visit at 24 hr, 3 day

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I live in rural East Texas, so my costs are going to be a LOT cheaper than yours. My midwife charges $2500 for a home birth. This includes all prenatal visits and basic testing (CBC, GD screening, and GBS testing). Any other tests or ultrasounds are extra
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 3500. That covered my prenatal appointments, delivery, the pool, and post partum care. I think I paid an extra 250 for homebirth supplies.

Edit: I''m in the Chicago suburbs if that helps. 

Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • Ours was $4700 for all prenatal care, delivery, and post-natal care- we live in Los Angeles, which is also one of the most expensive regions in the US. They gave us $50 off for paying in cash/checks only (no cards) and $50 off for each visit you've had

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine in Seattle will be $3500 for prenatal, delivery and post partum, plus pool rental for about $100 and a $30 birth kit. Blood work was extra and billed right to me ($200 for initial blood work at an uninsured discounted rate, and then I'll get bloodwor
  • I am in Florida (Tampa area) and my homebirth CNM charges $6000 for all prenatal, delivery and postpartum visits, including the cost of her birth assistant. If you pay in full by your second appointment, she reduces the fee to $5200, which is what we did,
    image image image

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Live in AZ here.  My MW was $2500.  That included all prenatal visits and postpartum visits (24 hours, 3 days, 1 week, 3 weeks and 6 weeks).  We also had a doula ($350) and a birthing pool ($175).  Vitamin K shot (and eye ointment
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I just asked a friend who lives in Queens and she paid about $6500 total for prenatal, labor, delivery, and postpartum care.  She also bought her own tub (the midwife could provide one but she thought the idea of a used tub was gross), and also paid

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"