Working Moms

DH wants to change DC

Hi ladies,

DD started this DC at 3 months old and we have no major issues. I love the place as a matter of fact. But at the time I was working 8-430p which was perfect because the DC hours are 7a-6p. Recently my hours changed (completely out of my control) to 11-8pm which creates a huge conflict with the pick time at the DC.

I suggested to DH that I would ask my Parents to pick up when he could not, but he is stuck on "we can't always depend on people" which is completely true. However I cannot see us changing DC's, I can't see myself starting all over again. Selfish? Maybe.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DH wants to change DC

• I think it's unlikely you'll find a daycare that's open until 8pm- 6 or 6:30 seems to be the standard pick up time in my area.  It sounds like you'd either need to get a nanny, or rely on your parents/DH.  I think if your daughter is doing well
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Are you looking to change to a DC that is open later? I don't think there are many open past 6:30pm...are there?  Or one closer to DH?  Could your hours change again in the next few months, cuz I wouldn't change to just then need to change
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't even see how changing would help you because unless you have a nanny, you're going to be hard pressed to find a daycare open later than 6, I think.  Maybe do some research before getting into it with him so that you know if it's even a discus
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• In my experience, most daycares in our area were only open until 6, so I am wondering if you will have trouble finding one open much later.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Standard DC close time in our area is 6-630p. However there are some 24hr centers and some that stay open til 9pm **shivers** in my city those are the ones you avoid. I try and try to explain this to DH but he does not get it. Yes my schedule could cha

• imagewychets:

Standard DC close time in our area is 6-630p. However there are some 24hr centers and some that stay open til 9pm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemainerocks:
    I would not change. Having a daycare that I like and that LO loves is so important. As long as you have a backup o
  • I wouldn't change. It sounds like you (and your LO) really like this place, and that is really hard to find. Maybe you could try it for a few weeks your new schedule with your DH and other family members to pick up. If it's not working, you might be ab

photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Maybe I missed it, but why can't he do pick ups?
  • imagemabenner1:
    Maybe I missed it, but why can't he do pick ups?

His schedule is 7a-7p it rotates so somet

• imageIblamethebeer:
    imagewychets
  • imageFullcircle06:

I wouldn't change. It sounds like you (and your LO) really like this place, and that is really hard to find. May

• I think if you know his schedule a week before, then that gives you time to let your parents know which days you will need them.  It's not like they are getting a call at 5:30pm saying "DH can't make it to pick up DD by 6:00pm".  I'd say have

• imageVirgo17:

I think if you know his schedule a week before, then that gives you time to let your parents know which days you will

• In addition to finding a new center with a later closing time like other PP mentioned, I would be concerned about really messing up LO's nighttime routine.  My DD barely makes it till 7 these days and has had a few days recently where she needed to g
  • imageshannm:
    In addition to finding a new center with a later closing time like other PP mentioned, I would be concerned about real
  • I would have a backup plan to grandparents in case of emergency, like a friend who would be willing every couple months when things come up to help out.  But I would not change to one of the creepy open late centers; here they are very much the same
  • I like the idea of having DH be in charge of finding a new place since it's his idea. :)  I would stay at the current daycare, use your parents and, if possible, see if there's a teacher or asst. teacher there that could take her home once in a while
  • imageIblamethebeer:
    imagewychets
  • We have 24 hour centers in our city also, but  I would not at all use a 24 hour center if there was any other option.

There are night time nanny's you can get for just a few hours a day, and I would look into that if YH won't turn to your p

\image  image

• KL777KL777 member
    I would suggest hiring a responsible person to pick your child up and then you or DH would pick up your child from that responsible person's house.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"