May 2013 Moms

Body parts going numb...

Early on at 18weeks I had my shoulders oddly going numb, now at 35 weeks not only do my feet thob/swell to enormous proportions, my right arm and hand go numb. I am a secretary for a law firm and randomly at work (very frequently now) It will do this tingling numb thing and I can't even hold my pen or type, I end up have to rub my hand back to normal...

Is this normal?? 

Re: Body parts going numb...

• Your arm and hand numbness is probably carpal tunnel syndrome and is very common in pregnancy.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • According to the Mayo Clinic, the numbness is a symptom during this time in your pregancy.  It is a good thing to tell your OB.
  • Loading the player...
  • Do they go numb for no reason, or do you mean that they fall asleep when you lay on them and such? I know that my arms, legs and hips all "fall asleep" within a few minutes when I lay down. My OB told me that was normal.

<span style="font-size:10

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes it is normal, but always bring these things up to your OB. Mine said that it is due to extra fluid. Keeping your feet up and staying hydrated can help but not prevent.

• imagehogrefea:
    Your arm and hand numbness is probably carpal tunnel syndrome and is very common in pregnancy.  
    </BLOCKQU
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had tingling / numbness in my fingers and arm during my first trimester. Dr said it was carpal tunnel syndrome which is common during pregnancy like PPs have said. Its due to the enhanced blood flow. My OB suggested i stay hydrated and it should pass. I

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imagehogrefea:
    Your arm and hand numbness is probably carpal tunnel syndrome and is very common in pregnancy. nbsp;
  • My lower back, butt and upper thighs get tingly and numb when I walk around too much. The OBGYN said it's just the baby pressing into my spine.

MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"