Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How many drinks per week when BFing?

Hi ladies, 

the subject line pretty much says it all.  I just read that some experts recommend only 1-2 drinks per week. I must admit that I've been going over that, but only drinking one beer or one glass of wine per night.  Anyone have any other research or dr recommendations about  how much is safe to drink per week.?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: How many drinks per week when BFing?

• I have been having a glass per night (after feeding LO) to help unwind after the craziness of the day. I don't see why drinks per week would matter as long as we aren't having too much, then feeding our babies with BM that has too high an alcohol content.
  • I prefer liquor and we are going out to eat tonight. Does one reasonably sized mixed drink translate the same as one glass of wine? I guess I could go the beer route but after waiting 10 months, I want to get what I REALLY want!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • A 5 oz glass of wine is the same as one shot of standard liquor or a 12 oz beer. So if its a standard mixed drink with one shot it should be fine, if it is a mix drink with multiple liquors then it will have a higher alcohol content

• The doctor that i see at the breast feeding clinic specializes in breast feeding and she told me not to worry about having a few drinks affect my milk.  So long as your not getting drunk it's fine.  So have a glass or two a night, enjoy!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also have a glass of wine or a beer almost every night, but is it ok to have 2? Breast feeding has been going so well, I don't want to do anything to hurt my son or affect my supply!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageDevbo18:
    I also have a glass of wine or a beer almost every night, but is it ok to have 2? Breast feeding has been going so we
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My midwife suggested "hoppy" beers like Guinness or an IPA to boost supply. I have heard that the rule of thumb for breastfeeding is one drink per hour, i.e. for every drink you drink it takes one hour for the alcohol to filter out.

I also bough

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageShadyKull:
    I have been having a glass per night (after feeding LO) to help unwind after the craziness of the day. I don't see

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"