Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Not drinking milk out of sippy

I finally broke my son of the bottle.  He hasn't had it since Monday.  He drinks water fine out of the sippy but will not drink milk no matter what sippy cup I use (hard or soft spout, straw).  I can only get him to drink it with a regular cup and that's hard because he makes such a mess.  He eats cheese, yogurt, and cottage cheese often.  Should I be worried that he's hardly drinking any milk?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Not drinking milk out of sippy

• My ped said no, as long as they're getting calcium from other sources.  She said some kids just don't like milk, but to keep offering and try an alternative (almond, coconut, etc) if they won't drink WCM.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • We're going through this right now with DS. Since saturday we've only been giving him WCM in a straw sippy at meals and waiting 30 min to an hour after meals and giving him the water sippy. Right now he's taking a sip or two and throws it on the ground. I
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I forgot to mention she said to offer a different sippy cup for the milk, not the same one he gets for water so he won't think it's going to be water and will know what's in it after a while.

• DD still doesn't drink a lot of milk during the day (we are lucky if I get 8 ounces in her), but we started getting her to drink more by designating a specific sippy to milk and only milk. Now, she will drink it out of any sippy, but in general, she just
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We have the same problem with DS.  He still nurses several times a day so hopefully that is enough b/c he will eat some cheese but no other dairy. 

I think you could try the calcium fortified orange juice as well.  It doesn't prov

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS won't drink milk either. I offer it and he takes like an ounce a day.  Pedi isn't concerned at all.  Milk at this point is no different than anything else.  As long as he is getting dairy/calcium via other sources (yogurt, cheese, etc) i
    DS1 born 3/27/12 DS2 due 1/8/14
  • imageJmcmahon21:
    We're going through this right now with DS. Since saturday we've only been giving him WCM in a straw sippy at meal
    DS1 born 3/27/12 DS2 due 1/8/14
  • imageBuckeyeANG:

imageJmcmaho

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"