Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone?

Did anyone try to breast feed in the hospital but couldn't position right with the baby and kept trying and trying and gave up? My baby latched on but I could only position right with the help of the nurse. I pumped for a month and then went to formula feeding, but gave up on the breast feeding.

Re: Anyone?

• I could've wrote this myself!
    SK
  • When we were in the hospital we could only get a good latch with the help of a nurse or lc. They really pushed the football position when we got home i choose to find a position that actually worked for us without the pressure of doing it someone elses wa
  • Loading the player...
  • If you don't mind my asking how did you stop without getting engorged?? I would like to stop but nervous
  • I had a very difficult time and my little guy ended up losing too much weight after I brought him home.  In the hospital they gave me a nipple shield to use and that helped, but by the time we started home, he hadn't eaten enough, and then slept too
  • I pumped until the milk dried up. Gradually pumping less everday. (more because it was hard for me to find time to pump, than actually wanting to quit) Eventually I pumped less and less milk until it stopped coming in. Took about a month or so. Birth cont
    SK
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"