Babies: 3 - 6 Months

So sick of the word SPOILED...

I might vomit if one more person uses this word in my presence. I dont know why so many people in 2013 think this is the reason why infants cry, want to be held, love their parents, etc.

My LO is going through a clingy phase and sometimes will get very fussy if a friend of family member wants to show up unexpectedly at our house and hold him (imagine that!) or sometimes even my husband gets the shaft and LO will really prefer to be held by me......but he's a BABY! Why does everyone keep saying "you've spoiled him rotten, thats why he isnt adjusted to other people" or "oh this little baby is so spoiled, you held him too much"

UGH!!

Re: So sick of the word SPOILED...

• I feel the same way! I've also been told by my BIL, who doesn't have kids, that Irreally need to "ferberize" my LO!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• THANK YOU!!  I have 3 kids and I just cringe when I see moms post that they have to hold their babies for them to nap (how awful right???) or they want to sleep train them because they have to rock them to sleep.  I just want to shake them an

• Loading the player...
  • image*LrCg*:

THANK YOU!!  I have 3 kids and I just cringe when I see moms post that they have to hold their babies for them

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm glad that you have the right perspective on this OP. You are doing exactly what your baby needs. Anyone insisting differently can just suck it. Hah. Sending hugs!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks Ladies. I nearly punched my BIL Last night b/c he said my LO was spoiled when he picked him up and he started to cry and was looking in my direction...Um....I would cry too if someone I have hardly ever seen and was 85 times my size picked me up, s
  • imagebeckpreg:
    I would cry too if someone I have hardly ever seen and was 85 times my size picked me up, started blowing his bad breath
  • I agree... it's stupid. I really don't think this applies until kids are toddlers and even then I wouldn't dare tell someone their child is spoiled even if I'm secretly thinking it.

• imageWild_flower25:
    image*LrCg*:
  • I'm a SAHM as well with 3 kids under the age of 4. I figure if I wanted time to myself, I shouldnt have kids. Parenthood is a selfless job. They are asleep by 89 pm, that's my time. I could never make my kids CIO, its cruel. Like OP said, you cant spoil
  • image*LrCg*:
    I'm a SAHM as well with 3 kids under the age of 4. I figure if I wanted time to myself, I shouldnt have kids. Parentho
  • DD is a little on the colicky side, cries for no reason for 1-2 hours in the evening and trying to let her CIO only ends up with her in full meltdown mode. My family doesn't seem to understand that I didn't actually make her that way. My sister has 2 r

• Yeah I get a lot of that too. People tell me it's unhealthy how much I hold my DD. Quite annoying, but it IS hard to keep quiet all the time. Sometimes my grandmother will say she acts "bad" ?! I don't get how a 3month old could act bad! Anyway I get how

• bgf1bgf1 member
    image*LrCg*:

THANK YOU!!  I have 3 kids and I just cringe when I see moms post that they have to hold their babies for them to

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • CIO is not cruel and it is a very rude thing to say to a parent. I take time to myself every day and guess what?.....I am a loving, attentive, and involved mom doing the very best I can for my son every day. Taking a few hours to myself is no reflection o
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Agreed! I am so inundated with the concept I find myself doing things that prevent "spoiling" then I'm like, DD's only going to be this little for this long- I'm just going to love her & enjoy it. That's what she needs!
    TTC since 1/2008
    BFP 7/2009 m/c
    BFP 9/2009 m/c
    Clomid IUI 12/2010, 1/2011, 2/2011 All BFN
    IVF #1 6/2011 BFN, no frosties
    IVF #2 2/2012 BFP
    DD born 10/2012
    FET 9/3/2013 BFN, no more frosties
    IVF # 3 11/3/13 Canceled after retrieval d/t severe OHSS, 3 frosties
    FET #3 2/2014 BFP Twins!
    B/G Twins born 9/2014 at 36w4d

• It's just as rude to tell a mom that CIO is cruel as it is to say her baby is spoiled.  Everyone does what's best/working for them.  Let's tone down the judgments, shall we?
    Anniversary 
  • image*LrCg*:
    I'm a SAHM as well with 3 kids under the age of 4. I figure if I wanted time to myself, I shouldnt have kids. Parentho
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagegingerfamily:

image*LrCg

• image*LrCg*:
  • Ladies, I am sorry this went off course and turned into a debate about CIO. Not my intention. I was really just frustrated at my local friends/family for thinking my LO is spoiled b/c he is used to me rather than strangers. So sorry! Hope everyone has a g
  • image*LrCg*:
    I'm a SAHM as well with 3 kids under the age of 4. I figure if I wanted time to myself, I shouldnt have kids.<

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• imageLoisLayn23:
    Aw, bless your hearts. You are so misinformed. Have fun living with your blinders on. I look forward to dealing wi
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • OP, you shouldn't feel bad.  You were just venting and I agree that it is hurtful for your family to call your baby spoiled.  It`s also hurtful for moms to put each other down for using CIO. 

Moms shoul

• My MIL's favorite thing to talk about is spoiling children. I remember when DH and I were first married, she would ask me constantly if I was spoiled as a child because I was a brat when I was a kid. WTF? I finally said to her one day "You've asked me thi

BabyFruit Ticker

• image*LrCg*:

I just cringe when I see moms post that they have to hold their babies for them to nap (how awful right???)

<
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"